how do you add wads to mac version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the wad in the same folder as the srb2 program?

Then run SRB2 and add it in!
You use the console. To active the console press the ` on your keyboard when at the title screen.
type in "Addfile nameofwad.wad
Make sure the spelling is right
Make sure you put .wad after the name of the wad it sure look like this.
jrbf9u.jpg
Well, I am sorry please type more info about your problem, and I will try to assist you. Have a nice day!
Make sure you are on the title screen and not the menu (Menu is when the title screen goes dark make sure the screen is bright for it to appear!)

Then put the wad in the same folder then go to "yes"

I hope this "mini" troubleshooter helps you out!

Go to your home folder, in that folder there's a folder called "srb2". Put the wad in that folder, then add it in the console.

No, But what I am saying is there has to be a place where Srb2 is kept, right?

Edit:

Maybe I misread a post or something.

SRB2 can pretty much be kept anywhere. I like to keep it in my applications folder.

apps.png

Then, there's the SRB2 folder in your home folder, put the wads (or socs) in there.

home.png

Then of course, you open up the console and do everything else normally.

I just downloaded the regular SRB2Mac, as for SRB2Mac Lite, I'm not sure if it changes any of this stuff.

SRB2Mac Lite just doesn't include SRB2's data files, such as srb2.srb and music.dta.

And yes, that's the correct way to do it.

Here is a step by step tutoral on how to make sure that you can add wads to srb2 mac.
1. Open your home folder.
2. Create a folder named SRB2.
3. Place every SRB2 file into the SRB2 folder. This is an important step.
4. You may want to put a shortcut onto your desktop or dock. It will be easier to open instead of opening the srb2 folder.
5. Open SRB2.
6. Open the consle.
7. Type addfile whatever wad you have and type .wad at the end.
After that the wad should load.

All this information has been brought to you by the Spirit Dragon help desk. For all you i.t. questions, P.m me and I will get back to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back