Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
supersonic, typically people who play Minecraft can be protective of what they've created. Digging around somebody's house is intentional desecration of property; You wouldn't be allowed to dig in someone's garden in real life, even if you were going to put it all back (which he may not have been aware of.) The house-locking thing is a dickish response, however. The paranoia may be because you could have been believed to be a griefer by digging up around the house. The two hours may be because of tardiness upon their part, but it could also be because of the mistaken belief that you grief buildings.

It is perhaps one of the greatest single platform PC games ever (well, until tommorow where it comes out for the Android market) but I respect your opinions.

What I don't really understand is how people can expect to judge the game on its own merits rather than the player's. Sandbox games, especially ones of this type, don't work that way - it's up to the player to get their own objectives and megaprojects sorted out rather than the game telling you what to do, and let's be frank here, if you lack that kind of imagination that's hardly Minecraft's fault now, is it? I should know - I'm building the 5th iteration of a Koch Snowflake fractal. I started months ago and I'm still building. I had to start underground because the entire thing exceeds Minecraft's sky limit.

Also Supersonic, it's kind of unfair to judge the community based on a sample size of exactly one server, especially seeing as you obviously have no idea how a server community works if the way you say you were acting is any indicator.

294152_10150280550364713_633369712_7909817_672110_n.jpg

Not finished but I'm still pretty proud of my progress so far.

I know all about Notch's millions of dollars and stance on piracy, but it's still pretty low to pirate indie games regardless. :P That's what I was getting at.
Relax, relax. I bought the damn game anyways :P
i couldn't resist the John Freeman skins...
But yeah, I really used to bitch about how overrated Minecraft was until I played the Beta for the first time. Sat down with it for about an hour and boy was I hooked. Classic was horse shit compared to it, which was surprising because I used to think that Alpha/Beta were just glorified Classics. The ability of mods was really nice too, allowing personal gripes to be solved easily. Overall, it's just amazing in my point of view.

supersonic, tell me. How would you like it if I took a shovel and dug around in your front yard, removed all the underground wiring from your house, and acted like it was perfectly normal? Don't mine in anyone's house. EVER. It makes you look like a douche and it completely disregards people's hard work.

Tell me which game you'd rather spend your time in!

Fortress craft!
Minecraft!
Fortress craft!
Minecraft!

Why players like Minecraft
4.Mining gold, iron, diamond, coal, redstone.
5.Damn you even get multiplayer!
6.Customizable skins.
7.Mods.
8.The fucking aether, bitches.
9.Dungeons.
10.Crafting bread with 3 wheat.
11.Repeat it all.

What... IS FortressCraft? I have the game, and it just plain sucks. What I wonder is what it's trying to accomplish. The controls and physics feel weird, it looks terrible, and all you can do is walk around and place blocks. Apparently it's NOT meant to be a Minecraft ripoff, but the gameplay is nearly identical (yet worse) compared to Minecraft Classic. I don't care if it's an early version of the game, it's just a huge waste of money and I wish I could have it back.

Something on XBOX Live is Total Miner Forge. Which is basically a Minecraft Clone. Anyway, I'd post a snapshot of mine & my friends work-in-progress server, but my Minecraft is having some mod issues & I can't be bothered refreshing it & reinstalling them. I'll edit this post when I have pictures.

*waves*

Want to play Minecraft 1.8 early? it's here!

*vanishes*

(Edit: 1.8 was released for bug reporting. Bug report page is here.)

Last edited:
The only thing scary about Enderman is the fact they blink, and their wierd mouth... They are pretty simple to beat.
Modders make mods like the portal gun mod and Aether compactible with this version gogogo

He is according to his twitter.

EDIT: When I think of ultimate mode in Minecraft, I think of a noob map in srb2 full of thousands of enemies. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back