Kirby Wii? Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not Epic Yarn, I mean the one that was supposed to be on Gamecube, and then it supposedly transfered to Wii then everyone stopped caring about.

(Now, I know it was already discussed in the Epic Yarn Thread, but I'm pretty sure it deserves to have it's own topic.)

Regardless, I'm not sure if it's the one we all think it is, or a completely different game, all in all, I'm pretty sure this is the Kirby game people wanted aside from Epic Yarn. (And I'm not saying it's a bad game.. Just, unexpected, sorta.)

Anyway, here it is.

Kirby Wiki said:
On January 28, 2011, Nintendo of Japan leaked a trailer (seen to the right) for another Kirby game. However, unlike Kirby's Epic Yarn, this game is reminiscent of the now canceled Kirby Wii game. No story has been revealed yet, but there are new abilities, such as Water and Whip, and new enemies found in the game.

Last edited:
Well, it certainly looks like it's using the lighting system from Melee/Air Ride/Kirby Wii, so maybe it wasn't canceled.

(Now, I know it was already discussed in the Epic Yarn Thread, but I'm pretty sure it deserves to have it's own topic.)
There isn't a lot of information about the game so I really didn't think it is topic worthy. (Hence why I discussed in K:EY)

Epic Yarn wasn't a true Kirby game in the first place. It was another game with Kirby slapped into it.

The video quality is rather poor, so it's hard to tell if this is the game that was in development late into the Gamecube. Either way, it looks pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to it.

Kirby Wii? Again?
Because the last Kirby Wii game was such a Kirbyness Kirby game with inhaling enemies and all that actual Kirby-ish stuff and a final boss that didn't make you try hard enough.

Why does japan gets call the cool stuff first -.-

Because they make it first! *shot*

If USA got it first... well,

That would be like making a Christmas present for strangers when your own family doesn't have any!

Edit: I'm really liking how this is game is coming out! Although, I liked the Kirby helpers as co-op players instead.

Seeing how you can play as Dedede, I'm guessing he's not the star of trouble this time.

Last edited:
There's probably some twist, 'cause one of the teasers for this had this robot with Dedede's sign (rabbit head) on it.

But in that one they had helpers instead of the Metaknight, DeDeDe, and Bandana Dee co-op thing.

Well, it's not that pathectic-ass "Epic Yarn", and it does show some promise. I just hope it comes out before they release the WiiU. That would suck..

I think you misread his post. He said he hopes it comes out BEFORE the Wii U, implying that it will be on the Wii before the Wii U releases. HE never said he hoped it wont be on the Wii U.

Why? Is there something bad with it being on a better console?
Not particlarly. But I just now managed to buy a wii, and quite frankly, I'm very happy with it. If it does come out on WiiU, I'm probably just going to have to live without it because I don't want to buy a new system until I'm more financially stable.

And yes, Bbop. I do wish it comes out on the Wii before the WiiU, mainly because it has a lot of potential compared to Kirby's Epic Yarn. I would very much like the opportunity to play it.

Last edited:
If this turns out to be as fun as Kirby 64, I'm definitely going to get this one. Obviously, they're not going to have the dual ability system, but it still looks like fun.

I just wonder if they're finally going to release it now after all these delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back