• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Battle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASHDUP

It's me again, I have something to present to you all. Sonic Robo Battle 2, is what I call it. As I know some players find the ring tossing style of match distasteful. I threw the Physattk lua that I take no credit for, a custom map made specifically for this type of match, and changed a few settings of the match mode. And now we have an enjoyable, and casual type of match that everyone can have a blast with. Similar to the casual playstyles of Super Smash Bros games, the way these matches go are heavily based on shields. The two top tier shields being Armageddon, and Elemental. Due to Matches being incredibly lengthy or possibly never ending, matches are based off hits in total rather than kills. And a timer is set for either 2 or 3 minutes. I have great hope that this will catch on as my friends and I have played like this for a good while. The map requirements include being an area small enough to catch runners while not being to small, not able to get lost in, pretty much able to see all characters with out having to jump through hoops to reach them. I have a video showcasing how this is played if you need a better understanding. I am very thankful for the physattk lua, but it does have some issues with collision and often times priority. I'm not asking for you or anyone to create a better one. (I just hope it gets an update xD).
I forgot to mention, the score system uses Classic. The more hits you get on an opponent the more points you get, so in the end the person who has caused the most damage wins. Luckily rings and TV's do not give you points at all.
Anyways enjoy the video and the voice clips I added in, thank you for reading.VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNBT-59y-W0
MAPS

Attachments

• srb20024.png
    srb20024.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 411
  • srb20025.png
    srb20025.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 333
  • srb20027.png
    srb20027.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 285
  • srb20019.png
    srb20019.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 281
  • srb20006.png
    srb20006.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 283
  • srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 281
  • srb20016.png
    srb20016.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 255
  • srb20018.png
    srb20018.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 242
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
I will also mention, I've been hosting this "mode" on my server as of late so if you'd like to experience it first hand you totally can. All you'd need is Fsonic.wad, Physattk.lua, and my map. Which are all downloadable straight from the server (besides Fsonic.)

Seems like a pretty neat concept. I especially like the map. It looks very refined and simple!

Keep up the work

I like the concept of a match being centered around melee attacks, it's pretty neat.

Good work.

This is pretty great all that's considered, but I think the dying concept is going to have to be nerfed a ton if it's going to be unique in my opinion.

Thanks for the feed back, but I don't undrrstand what the "dying concept" is. The way its set up now is that when you hit a player you get points so dying doesnt really effect the play in any way, so can you explain to me what it is so I can try to improve it?

The stage has a very small amount of rings, with more than 2 players, it can get really chaotic really fast, players are bound to dying a little too easily if they're struck by anything.

The stage has a very small amount of rings, with more than 2 players, it can get really chaotic really fast, players are bound to dying a little too easily if they're struck by anything.
I get where your coming from but dying isnt a factor, there are no stocks. Similar to Smash Bros casual play, a set time, unlimited revival, player with the most kills, in this case most damage caused, wins.

The reason I design the maps to have a small amount of rings is to make it still feel intense and draw players into finding other solutions to there problems and a huge thing is that there are lots of opportunities for players to get sheilds to take those hits for you.
But in the end I appreciate your concerns and will try to look into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back