A new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilaj67

What you Lookin at?
I first had the problem where I couldn't see the sprites, so I made a new one I downloaded SLumpED yesterday, so I made a new wad in SLumpED and now i have this problem.

single handler (): segment violation

it happens in the single player select screen when i click on him.
please help again!?
thanks,

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Okay i fixed the palette and it works, but it still is invisible even with SLumpED.
How can i fix and if you fix it actually send me to the link of the done one!
thanks again,

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Here is the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/?476z0a39ud4sxw4

Use SLADE instead of SLumpEd.
Also, did you convert the gfx of your sprites to the SRB2 palette? Or does SLumpEd not do that?

But slade worked for a while but when i start it after trying to use it it doesn't start with that loud sound with the red circle with the X. i already tried it didn't work.

---------------------
And by the way what do you mean by converting it to palette?

Last edited:
I have slade and it works.

I have SLADE now and it does the same thing!
by the way how do I hook up srb2's palette to SLADE?

I have SLADE now and it does the same thing!
by the way how do I hook up srb2's palette to SLADE?
It's already in there; use "Sonic (SRB2)" instead of "Existing/Global". Alternatively, set up your base resource to point to srb2.srb or similar.

But slade worked for a while but when i start it after trying to use it it doesn't start with that loud sound with the red circle with the X. i already tried it didn't work.
Also, it'd help if you told us what error you are/were getting.

Oh yeah.

I had the problem that my character wad isn't showing up.
when I play it is invisible no matter what editor I use.
Is it the sprites?

Yes, you need to have all frames in the wad in order to make him visible. Also, this the error he gets.
Code:
Warning: Mobj of type 0 with invalid sprite frame (3/0) of PLAY detected and removed. 
Warning: Mobj of type 0 with invalid sprite frame (12/0) of PLAY detected and removed.
I also notice the same error happens on 0/0 of PLAY. So i may or may not be right on the error.

Okay cool

thanks for telling me, I just wanted to test it out and he was invisible.
(because on the cadronov2.wad i could see his undone frames that's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back