scr_The Emerald Isles (Updated July 23-Final 1.09.4 version)

How are these levels?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello SRB2WikiSonicMaster.

But people do change, correct? You failed to mention that in your post. My opinions and reviews have changed due to that reason. So yes, I would say it would be best to disregard that trash I've posted on the messageboard pretty long ago. It may have been such a long while, but I do apologize for anything I've done wrong here.

Also to say, I'm surprised to see how much we derailed the topic's purpose. None of this has anything to do with Kuja's MOD, The Emerald Isles. I am the cause for this, and I do apologize, as it was pretty unexpected (last line of BlueZero4's post on this page).

Well, I'm impressed, this level pack is truly amazing, however the majority of its awesomeness comes from the first two levels, since they were insanely detailed, and incorporated custom music, and were so difficult anyone who can do them with Sonic, deserves a trophy, but then, they got progressively simpler, and easier, but then around Twilight Pass, there was a rebound, bottom line, it's a great level pack, with amazing level designs, with a quality control problem, as well as some serious lag issues in certain spots, but all in all, a top notch pack.

...Eh? someone bumped this?

Anyway. The lack of quality in the stages after Blaze Canyon Zone would be because the later levels are actually some of the first maps I've done, and as such they are progressively outdated. I really actually tried to outdo myself with each map I created, so naturally the increase in quality ended up looping around to the first stage once I started gaining experience and redoing some of the levels. Currently, the oldest zone in the level pack is Aquatic Labyrinth.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that clears things up about how I feel about those first few stages. They suck. I know.

To tell you the truth Kuja, all the levels were good, and your explanation clears things up, here's a quick overview of what I thought of your levels.

Emerald Isle Zone: 10/10: Perfect, the catchiest theme song, for Act 1, that I've ever heard, and top notch level design, a bit confusing, but that's what happens when you have a ton of different paths.

Blaze Canyon Zone: 10/10: Some minor lag issues, in Act 2, but one of the longest levels, I've ever played, and Act 2's song is epic, really sets the mood, one of the best levels I've ever played.

Aquatic Labyrinth: 8/10: Act 1 is really good, but a bit on the easy side, Act 2, is a bit short, and easy as well, and lack of original music sucks.

Shale Village: 7/10: The level design is actually not that bad, but the theme's been overdone, and it's a bit on the short side, compared to earlier levels in the pack, but generally, a decent level.

Twilight Pass: 6/10: Easily the lamest level in the pack, it's a snow level, that's been an overly used theme, and it's too short, and easy, compared to all of it's predecessors, but it's still a good snow level.

(Desert Level): 9/10: I forgot the name of this one, but it's actually pretty good, the gimmicks are decent, and the return of original music, in Act 2, from Sandopolis Act 2, sets the mood, a really nice level.

I didn't play the special stages much, but you get the idea, it's a good pack, with noticeable weak spots, like I said before, but still one of my favorite mods, I aspire to.

While this topic has been bumped, I'd like to take the time to ask HOW THE HECK do you complete the room that locks you in there and eventually drowns you? I think it's one of the canyon levels.

You destroy the generator that powers the poison, to destroy the generator, you have to hit the four red orbs, this will open the door to a siwtch, and that switch will free you, and clean the room.

With difficulty modes removed in SRB2ME, you will have to find another way to make the new ALZ optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back