• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Egg Hill Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

danie

I have been working on this wad for some time!
Its called EGG HILL ZONE

Last edited:
...no file? No screenshots? No description? No proof of concept of any conceivable kind? Christ almighty I lose braincells seeing threads like this.

Well surprisingly enough, I've been working on a circuit map for OLDC for 5 days now and just saw this thread.
Just my luck the I have a similar theme to my map, being called "Egg Flower Zone".
Hopefully for our sake, great minds think alike, although both our maps could suck, but I really hope not.

Geez, a new user makes screws up a bit and everyone rushes to get their stupid pun in?

And people wonder why the community is dying.

Am I The only one besides Chisuun and BlueWarrior that posted a halfway non-sarcastic post here?
Anyway, some hints here for being a newbie mapper (I'm sorta still one):
1. when starting out, there is ALWAYS a way to improve the map.
2. If you've seen it in an official level, it IS possible to do in any map editor. You can study the actual map out of srb2.srb (just don't save over that file) and get how to do things that way.
3. If that fails, go to the wiki, which is located here: http://wiki.srb2.org you can find how to do a lot of stuff here, but mind the fact that we haven't totally updated it to what applies to 2.0.4.
4. In a last ditch effort, ask here or on IRC.
5. Read these: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Level_Design (all in one convenient link to a bunch of links)
6. If your first map sucks, don't get discouraged, you have to start from somewhere.
7. When posting on the forum ALWAYS have pictures. People need to see something about your map to even think about getting it.
8. Don't rush your map. The quality of a map always goes down if it's rushed.

Guys, stop making fun of danie...he just didn't understand the procedure. Danie, you have to submit either a WAD alpha or screenshots (or both), to inform us of your level WIP.

I wasn't making fun of him I was aksing him if he had a Picture or proof of level to help him out.

I played act 3 for the first time I would like to say it should have a thok barrier other then that pretty well done.

Last edited:
Okay, time to break it down:

1: Two textures were used, and horribly chosen ones at that.
2: The FLOOR hurts you, but not the spikes themselves. Make a solid invisible FOF over it instead.
3: The boss is defeated by backing him into a corner and beating the crap out of him. Too easy.
4: RIDICULOUSLY unfitting music. At least it isn't tunes 12...
5: Just a ring box? How lazy can you get?
6: Hell, the whole LEVEL is lazy. It's super tiny, and looks like you just didn't care.

News! Egg hill zone is now a level pack! Heres some levels,
*Egg Hill Zone
*Tree Valley Zone
*Forest Base Zone

pictures coming little later

The second screenshot looks incredibly ugly with the flowers being everywhere. On top of that it's also hard to see past them. Try removing a lot of them.

The area in the 3rd screenshot that Tails is about to enter looks extremely cramped from what I see. Open it up a bit.

Otherwise I have no comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back