Trojan problem, *Fixed, feel free to lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, same thing here.
Usually in task manager, you can type in "desktop" in the " create new task" bar to get your desktop back, but then chances are that your computer will lag like hell. I have run this computer almost a year without explorer.exe running in the taskbar and I've lived with it.

EDIT: If you're using Internet Explorer, download firefox. It scans your downloads for viruses if you want it to, and it doesn't get nearly as many popups.

Re: Trojan problem, computer is almost literally fubar.

Ghost_Zero said:
I got a trojan somehow, it started as a few pop-ups, but now it's gotten to where explorer.exe doesn't exist and I can't use my virus scan to fix it. (No matter what I do, it always comes back on restart.) I can't reformat my computer, and I am currently running on only the task manager and internet explorer. I keep finding a backdoor trojan in my virus scan somewhere in the system files, but it seems to come back on restart.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know...ask Cue if he reads this, he's a Computer Wizard:). Anyway, I only have Srb2 and two folders on mine; do you have a downloaded game other then Srb2?

Ice said:
Dude, same thing here.
Usually in task manager, you can type in "desktop" in the " create new task" bar to get your desktop back, but then chances are that your computer will lag like hell. I have run this computer almost a year without explorer.exe running in the taskbar and I've lived with it.

Tried it, nothing.

I can't run like this because I can't access my files like this. I was also about to upgrade my computer before this happened.

Chronicle Runner said:
do you have a downloaded game other then Srb2?

Yes, I have several source games from steam, but I have scanned those and steam itself and found no problems.

How can you not access files? Clicking on "new task" and then "browse" lets you explore your files quite nicely. What windows system do you run?

Ever tried the generic troubleshooting solutions? i.e; Safe mode, minimal booting, booting from disk.

There is this great forum, but it's in spanish, forospyware (I think there's an english version or something, with a different address, found it on lifehacker), where they ask you to:
Boot in safe mode, run hijackthis, and then post a thread with the hijackthis logs.
Really, If you can't boot like that, then, EH.
Try panda activescan if you haven't.
Google it, it's an online virus scanner, works kinda nice.

Ad-Aware Quarantined the torjans and as far as it looks. *I'm not ready to say, "It's fixed!"* until I get explorer working and I can comfirm it.

In other words, I have quarantined and disabled (Not deleted) the trojans/malware, but explorer.exe is still broken to the point where it won't start. Anyone know how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back