Have a question? Get the answers here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know what? Im gunna bump this topic for humanity.
Why?
Have you SEEN all the random 1-question topics in Suggestions and Help? :\
This topic should be stickied, so that all n00bs with a stupid question like "how do I load wads lol" can post it here, instead of making a new thread about it, and then 2 weeks later another thread about it.
And, oh ya, to answer most of your questions:
http://www.sepwich.com/hotdog/stars/index.php?title=Main_Page
Has everything you will need.
So, yeah, all n00bs, come here before posting a new thread!

1) Expand. Explain the problem more.
2) This question has been answerd. Many times. Check the FAQ and search for an answer.

Skim uses the standard A_Chase action, but it's a special case in the sense that it will only travel on water.

So no, there is no way to do it... right now, anyway.

I've also got a question to answer

When making/ releasing levels how do you get all of the levels into one wad / DOS batch file I've made some levels but I don't know how to get all levels in one wad. They are named MAP01 and that because I'm making a level pack :?

If anyone knows could you please tell me

cheers

Could someone possibly post the lump names for the special music, eg title, special stage, super sonic, etc.

You can use Wintex and DeepSea to merge the WADs together pretty easily. Personally, I suggest DeepSea. Hit F7, and go into "Merge/Import", and just merge them all together. Don't forget to rename the maps to MAP02, MAP03, etc.

Hokay, I have one now. Is there any way to get the individual files back out of a WAD? I want to do some character sprites, but I really want to start with existing sprites so that my proportions are correct. However, I can't seem to extract the bitmaps (or whatever type of image file) from the WAD. Can anyone help? Thanks. :mrgreen:

Open up XWE. Go to the sprite/image you want. Go to Entry > Save as. If it tries to save it as a lump file (.lmp), just rename it to .bmp after exporting.

Thanks. Sorry if that was stupid, but I had never even heard of XWE until you said it. I found it and I'm downloading it now. Thanks.

A friend of mine would like to play SRB2, but he is not allowed to install more games on his pc. I tried to burn everything to cd, but when I tried to start it complained about opening fmod.tmp. I was wondering if there is a way to run from a cd.

Well, since fmod.tmp has a .tmp extension, I'm guessing it's a temporary file. The computer won't write a temporary file to a CD, I'm sure, so just copy everything from the CD to a folder on the computer.

What I mean is my friend can not install it because he is not allowed to add any more games to his hard disk. Is there a way to go around this? I tried adding fmod.tmp to the burn list, but it did not work.

Like I said, copy all the files from the CD to the computer. There's no installation required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back