Whats up with the master server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
..HAHAHA haha that's funny.
Anyways just chill out, only ones freaking out at this point are 10 year olds and people like me who have no lives and play this all day.

why are you saying shit about others in a fourm for a game? You just made yourself look bad.

And by the way how can 2.1 be affecting the master server when yet its not even in beta, nor is it even have a open test revs.

Not to mention, AFAIK 2.1 games have shown up on the Master Server as it was anyway (I forget if that was accidental, or if we were intentionally testing that). We don't need to take the MS down to support 2.1 when it already supported it.

Why are you guys making such a big deal out of this? Its just some server downtime, there have been alot of server downtimes. Makes no sence why your making a big deal out of this one.
Take your pick(s):

a) they can't read

b) they believe they must know better about what's going on than the people making the game

c) they are convinced that these these super secretive game making people in charge of stuff work in mysterious ways and anything that just suddenly happens has to be like, big, right

During this downtime I wouldn't mind what is going on, but to post it like an impatient kid, I wouldn't suggest it either...

In fact, I could guess already why the MS could be down, why ask again with yet another thread? It's just stupid.

I'm sure if the MS isn't going to be up, someone else is going to come up and say that they're getting 2.1 "ready"...

I don't see why alot of people over reacting something small as the Master Server downtime. It's not like the world is ending because of that.

You can't really blame anyone for suspecting this is because of 2.1. It's not like any of the Administrators have given a valid reason for why the master server is down.

You can't really blame anyone for suspecting this is because of 2.1. It's not like any of the Administrators have given a valid reason for why the master server is down.

Oh come on. It was established no less than three times before you posted this that it isn't:

Seriously. 2.1 is hardly complete. It will be done when it is done. It is not coming out now, nor is it coming out anytime in the immediate future. Hell, we don't even know when it'll be done. So seriously, stop speculating that the MS is down because of 2.1, especially in light of it being debunked several times over, because you're just making yourself look foolish.

They've at least provided the fact that it's not because of 2.1. ;~;

The owner of a house doesn't always know why their house burned down.

In other words: nobody has given a "valid" reason for the downtime because nobody actually knows anything beyond "something broke".

Last edited:
In other words: nobody has given a "valid" reason for the downtime because nobody actually knows anything beyond "something broke".

Which is reason enough. I just want to see an actual admin say that instead of everyone running around assuming other things.

You say that like there IS a reason the master server is down. Something broke. We haven't managed to fix it yet. This is true of ALL unplanned downtime and trying to suggest that there is some kind of significance to all events that happen is just stupid. Someone needs to go get the duct tape and fix it and that simply hasn't happened yet. If, for some reason, we needed to take down the master server to update for 2.1 (which we don't, but hypothetically if we did), we would say ahead of the downtime that there is scheduled maintenance for a specific period of time.

Before the next planned downtime, I'd like to reiterate that we do not need to take the master server down to release 2.1! Seriously, we've hosted test netgames of 2.1 on the public master server! When planned downtime inevitably happens, that does not mean that 2.1 is coming, and there is absolutely no correlation between master server downtime and releases.

Not even a smidge.

Oh look, it's back up. Mystic, you have perfect timing. ;P

Last edited:
lolololol

It would be nice if the admins at least let everyone know it's down because "something broke" instead of leaving everyone in the dark about it. It's not everyday that you see the master server offline.

It would be nice if the admins at least let everyone know it's down because "something broke" instead of leaving everyone in the dark about it. It's not everyday that you see the master server offline.
You say this with the implication that we actually know! I have absolutely no idea what's wrong with the MS when it goes down, and often NONE of us do until someone takes the time to go debug it and determine why it crashed THIS time. It's not like we can go upstairs to the master server's room and ask it why it's not feeling well today.

Sorry, the master server is currently down
For unknown reason, the master server is currently down, but you can still use "Join by IP" if you want to play with other people. We staff members will investigate the problem as soon as we are able to. Please, be patient.
SRB2 Staff
No harm, no bother, no lies -- just the plain truth. It rests people's mind since it informs them that staff is already aware of the issue. And it voids burdensome topics like this one. :)

Welp, the Master Server is back up, hopefully that will stop the whining.
Good, so we can lock this now.

Just so there's no confusion, next time we have MS downtime, I fully intend to lock any topic pertaining to it and leave a link to here. It's ridiculous that we go through this same sequence of events every single time the MS acts up. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back