SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 03-28-2018   #6021
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Have it so that the flame object does not take away the elemental shield. if Lava can't take it away, why should basic fire?
Old 03-28-2018   #6022
742mph
My work is never done yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
Have it so that the flame object does not take away the elemental shield. if Lava can't take it away, why should basic fire?
Which flame object? Do you mean Brak Eggman's fire shots? To my knowledge, all of the other ones have MF_FIRE, which makes the Elemental Shield immune to them.
Old 03-28-2018   #6023
Yoshirocks90
Attempting to mod again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
This guy here, I'm not even sure how is one supposed to dodge his projectiles, Always gets me, unfair enemy placement ?

Yeah, I've only got passed him without damage once, and that was just a well timed jump from start of the lava. I pretty much always get hit otherwise.
Yoshirocks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018   #6024
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by 742mph View Post
Which flame object? Do you mean Brak Eggman's fire shots? To my knowledge, all of the other ones have MF_FIRE, which makes the Elemental Shield immune to them.
turns out the shield is immune to the torch fire. and what made me think otherwise was a level in my pack that wasn't fully converted
Old 03-29-2018   #6025
GreenKnight9000

Maybe give Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Custom Character a colour animation when they turn back to normal? (Like when turning Super, just reversed)
Old 03-29-2018   #6026
Pinkio
or Clutsi

Spoiler: Perfect jump, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshirocks90 View Post
Yeah, I've only got passed him without damage once, and that was just a well timed jump from start of the lava. I pretty much always get hit otherwise.

I'd like to see the old Match system re-added as an alternative of the current one: a variable which changes the Match system, and default would be the current one

And, because lag, if someone leaves and they rejoin, keep the score until the round ends/map change

Last edited by Pinkio; 03-29-2018 at 07:11 PM.
Pinkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018   #6027
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

An option so that modmakers can opt out of having a character select theme, instead keeping the title music playing.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018   #6028
Yoshirocks90
Attempting to mod again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkio View Post
Spoiler: Perfect jump, lol

Every time I watch this, i feel more taunted by the perfection of that jump. But yeah, that's pretty much the only way I've done it.
Yoshirocks90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018   #6029
Fres
oof

Perhaps remove the direction lock that occurs when jumping out of a spin?
Fres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018   #6030
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

I could see a second "action speed" for characters being mildly useful. For example...
Spoiler: Examples
Tails' flying ability could use speed A for flying up in air, and speed B for flying up in water.
Knuckles' gliding could use speed B for either how fast the glide speed increases, or how fast one climbs around on walls.
The homing thok could use speed A for normal thoks and speed B for homing thoks.
Slow fall could use speed A as the "target" falling speed, while speed B could set how quickly/slowly the player would reach that falling speed (meaning non-instant stops to the target falling speed would be possible), which could make the float ability no longer a separate thing (as a speed A of 0 and a speed B of infinite would cause instant full vertical stops, which is basically what the float ability does).
Telekinesis could use speed A for pushing players/enemies away and speed B for pulling them closer.
Jump boost could use speed B as a limit/cap on the max jump factor.
And both the air drill and the jump thok could use speed A for horizontal speed and speed B for vertical speed.
Though for custom characters that would be made with this stuff in mind, that could probably be faked with Lua in most cases, so I can see why this might not be that important to implement.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018   #6031
MrMcLime
Real Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Titanium View Post
A skin flag to disable the spin jump animations would be nice. there is no way to disable that currently without disabling the spindash ability for the skin, or doing hacky stuff and recreating the spindash.
I would actually like to see this done as well. Just seems more intuitive to me, and you could do more unique things with the spin animation, like sliding or something without having to mess with lua to make it happen.
Old 04-21-2018   #6032
Wumbo
Uninteresting the Character

While holding TAB in a Multiplayer game, I think that the names of players that have completed the level should be highlighted a different color, which would make it easier for an owner or admin to decide if they should exitlevel. Additionally, I think that the amount of emerald tokens should be displayed in the bottom right when holding TAB, similar to how it was done in SUGOI and its sequel.

My shameless WAD Vault

Last edited by Wumbo; 04-21-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Wumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018   #6033
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

There should be a cap/limit to aiming up or down in Software renderer.
Old 05-01-2018   #6034
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
There should be a cap/limit to aiming up or down in Software renderer.
I think that, at least in firstperson, you can aim up to 90 degrees up/down in OpenGL mode, but only up to 80 degrees up/down in software mode, so there already is one. But of course, you saying that there should be a limit in the first place just "proves" that it's not enough of a limit... but how low can you set the limit without affecting shooting up/down in ringslinger gametypes too much?
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018   #6035
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

There's no limit from what I've seen, looking straight down in First person modes simply ruins the view, which is why I'm suggesting one, at least for Software renderer and only in First-person modes, like how other Doom ports are doing it, not sure if the comparison is valid here though.

Last edited by RomioTheBadass; 05-01-2018 at 04:23 PM.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018   #6036
742mph
My work is never done yet

There was a limit in 2.0, but the devs removed it. I don't remember why.
Old 05-01-2018   #6037
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

I don't see the point in removing it, It's not like the players are able to look up / down properly in Software renderer anyways :p
Old 05-01-2018   #6038
Mystic
チェン!
Administrator

It was removed to allow you to fire straight up and down in match. Essentially, even if you can't see, there are times when you can know a player is directly below you and fire blind and get a hit.
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018   #6039
"Lat'"
Stop it

How about removing the freeslot print for Lua?
It gets kind of annoying to have your console flooded in state / mobj allocation everytime you load a wad where there's a lot of those. (plus it can also hide errors from scripts loaded before those, forcing you to check your log)
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018   #6040
Monster psychic cat

Adding under the above post, I propose a toggleable external console rather than have it be a command line parameter, if it's possible to do under SDL or any library SRB2 currently supports
Monster psychic cat is offline   Reply With Quote