SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 09-11-2016   #5261
Lilac

I have some suggestions: Make Teams like a Sonic and Knuckles combo.
And make Metal Sonic use the V. Maximum Overdrive attack and maybe a modified version of the Ring Spark Field attack during the race. The you could change his dashing sprites during the fight when he is almost defeated to the V. Maximum Overdrive attack.

EDIT: For the first suggestion, I forgot to look up.
Lilac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016   #5262
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

As far as how the Metal Sonic race works... its impossible for him to rubber band with the player, or even multiple players at once.
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5263
Lilac

Make knuckles have some type of way to go faster. FSonic has the dashmode, TailsCD still has the charge spindash and fly, while if Knuckles tried the spindash charge, his glide would slow him down. And he doesn't have dashmode. Maybe have it if Knuckles was gliding then he would go faster the longer he's in the air. Because right now, Knuckles has no abilities for speed, (And no 2.2 Knuckles early release wad.) Making him just a character good for using in tag.
Old 09-15-2016   #5264
Fres
oof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
Maybe have it if Knuckles was gliding then he would go faster the longer he's in the air. Because right now, Knuckles has no abilities for speed, (And no 2.2 Knuckles early release wad.) Making him just a character good for using in tag.
Knux actually does glide faster the longer he's in the air; it just takes quite a while to build up some speed. Allowing him to keep some of his spindash jump momentum in a glide would be useful though.
Fres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5265
toaster
トースタちゃん

TailsCD isn't a "2.2 early release .wad". Smiles - the version of Tails that we are all hoping will be ready for 2.2 - will remain private until release because I'll have to do some engine side changes to properly support the tails. (Also, FSonic just has cool abilities for fun, and will basically play like 2.1 Sonic when not released seperately.)

Plus, Fres is right and has a cool idea. I wonder what people would think of that, and for that matter how difficult it'd be to code.

Last edited by toaster; 09-15-2016 at 08:14 AM.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5266
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Didn't somebody show something like that off earlier and say it was incredibly broken?
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5267
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Judge

Think the problem with the gif Rumia1's talking about was that it was made to be 1:1 with your speed, so a fully charged spindash would be insane. Knuckles works as a heavy/slow character in my opinion, so I'm fine with the glide slowing you down a bit; maybe it would benefit from being a fraction of your speed, instead of matching it exactly?

Last edited by TehRealSalt; 09-15-2016 at 09:10 AM.
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5268
Swift
Way past cool!

TBH, Knuckles and Sonic are fine as they are, for now. But Tails is the one that needs some buffing, since his flight is slow and makes him a sitting (or flying?) duck in Match or any ringslinger mode, if the player does not do the classic 'spindash and jump' trick beforehand, which I'm sure that, toaster is currently fixing. also, toaster... can you pls add multicarry as a secret feature c:
Old 09-15-2016   #5269
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANICBOOM644 View Post
Don't they already have some?
Nope, Those are normal Death sprites, Drowning doesn't have it's own sprites (yet ?) .
Old 09-15-2016   #5270
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
Nope, Those are normal Death sprites, Drowning doesn't have it's own sprites (yet ?) .
Well....2.2 sonic is Fsonic and Fsonic has Drowning sprites... so yes. But i dont know about Smiles and Knuckles
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #5271
toaster
トースタちゃん

I did some research on this back when planning out all the sprites that needed to be made for Smiles.

It turns out Tails never had drowning sprites, but Knuckles did - so I guess that's probably how it's gonna work out for 2.2.
Old 09-15-2016   #5272
Swift
Way past cool!

But didn't TailsCD have drowning sprites, despite that fact?
Old 09-15-2016   #5273
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgefox View Post
But didn't TailsCD have drowning sprites, despite that fact?
TailsCD is not Smiles .
Old 09-19-2016   #5274
Rumia1
Backseat Developer

Can you please make jump a universal confirm button and spin a universal back button for menus? It would make joystick navigation easier.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #5275
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumia1 View Post
Can you please make jump a universal confirm button and spin a universal back button for menus? It would make joystick navigation easier.
As a matter of fact, I've been very recently debating making a "merge request" on the source code repository for (subjectively) better controller (and mouse) support for menus.
Spoiler: Silly information about it
Specifically, when using an X-Input (XBox-style) controller/a PlayStation controller (emulated into an X-Input controller)/a mouse...
- A/Cross/Left mouse button is used to confirm
- B/Circle/Right mouse button to cancel
- Y/Triangle/Middle mouse click to do the same as backspace (delete saves, blank out controls, etcetera)

However, I haven't made a way to open the menu using a controller, but even then, for my relatively essential configuration, only the B button is completely free during gameplay, and using that to open a pause menu seems... very silly and out-of-place.
I have tested my code changes (which is more than just changing the virtual key remappings), and it does seem to work pretty well, although I haven't tested it out 100%.
...As for making jump/spin universally confirm/cancel for menus, while I can see how that might be useful to some people for some reasons, I can also see a few issues with it, all in all weighing out to be pretty neutral-ish if the user knows what they are doing, and pretty bad if the user doesn't.

Last edited by Zwip-Zwap Zapony; 09-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #5276
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehRealSalt View Post
Think the problem with the gif Rumia1's talking about was that it was made to be 1:1 with your speed, so a fully charged spindash would be insane. Knuckles works as a heavy/slow character in my opinion, so I'm fine with the glide slowing you down a bit; maybe it would benefit from being a fraction of your speed, instead of matching it exactly?
What about gliding at normal running speed

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
This question was answered above dough, and i found out that they were not added yet even dough FSonic has them.
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #5277
Lilac

I'm just saying I want some way for knuckles to be fast the glide seems slow, and like what sanicboom just said, I think it would at least be good to add some speed to the glide. Or just make the gradual glide speed faster to get to.
Old 09-19-2016   #5278
Sapheros
That guy that ports
Permanently Banned

It speeds up gradually already, just not as fast as you think. :v
Sapheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016   #5279
MK.exe
The one and only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANICBOOM644 View Post
What about gliding at normal running speed
What about running then you jump into a glide with the momentum of the running speed?
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #5280
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

That's what I was talking about, while this might be too buff, fully spin dashing and gliding could result in moving fast for a few seconds then slowing down, with a speed cap on gliding
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote