Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > SRB2.org > News

Old 12-23-2017   #81
Petit The Hedge
A.K.A. Neon T.H.

2.2's going to be great! Im all hyped!
Old 12-28-2017   #82
Jorklenis2
ジョニー 別府

There is nothing wrong about the new features of the game interface.
Old 01-01-2018   #83
Blast88

I really love the new features. They're looking very good.
Old 01-20-2018   #84
SMSGARDIAN
EcoloTheHeroOfSega
Extended Ban (Strike 3)

Sonic Robo Blast remake is going to be a wad now? Oh no.
SMSGARDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018   #85
RomioTheBadass
PK3 Fetishist

I'm fine with that, never cared much for SRB1 Remake really but it was fun playing these short levels co-op, the menu didn't allow us to choose them so we had to use console to do it, with playersforexit set to al, If it were to be released as an addon instead It'd be nice to have the option to play them co-op or race without having to use console commands.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018   #86
Lach
hop

SRB1 remake is something I played once, beat, and never needed to play again. As iconic as it is, replacing it with unlockable content that is worth replaying is definitely a positive change.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #87
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

I wouldn't mind loosing it as unlockable content provided the resources are kept. (though I suspect the badniks will be kicked out with the levels)

I want my Ice bricks.
Old 01-21-2018   #88
MK.exe
The one and only!

If we lose one.... will we get a new one?
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #89
Lach
hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
I think we can assume so. SRB2 doesn't really have that many unlockable stages without SRB1. Plus there'll be new emblems in ACZ2, so it would be weird to require more emblems to unlock less unlockables.
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018   #90
MosaicMario
Possessed User Title

I don't mind it at all that SRB1 Remake is being removed. Its just some generic platforming and pushing buttons and not really Sonic-like gameplaywise. It is something I play every now and then but nothing I would miss as an unlockable.

But I'd like to see the level themes from SRB1 remake taken and see some actual good and original 2D platforming stages. And with the recent additions such as slopes or even axis 2D (I know its a lua mod but it sure can be made in the game itself) it can be done better than ever before. Having a good 2D campaign based on the prequel game on top of good 3D platforming game makes a great unlockable worth to actually go for it and also gives additional replay value. That of course means more time and effort and that this idea (IF taken into consideration) will be rather on a lower prioritiy, but still something I'd really love to see and have nonetheless.
Old 01-22-2018   #91
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicMario View Post
I don't mind it at all that SRB1 Remake is being removed. Its just some generic platforming and pushing buttons and not really Sonic-like gameplaywise. It is something I play every now and then but nothing I would miss as an unlockable.

But I'd like to see the level themes from SRB1 remake taken and see some actual good and original 2D platforming stages. And with the recent additions such as slopes or even axis 2D (I know its a lua mod but it sure can be made in the game itself) it can be done better than ever before. Having a good 2D campaign based on the prequel game on top of good 3D platforming game makes a great unlockable worth to actually go for it and also gives additional replay value. That of course means more time and effort and that this idea (IF taken into consideration) will be rather on a lower prioritiy, but still something I'd really love to see and have nonetheless.
True dat. The SRB1 Remake should of been a TRUE remake that drastically changes the whole game, not a perfect redo of the levels, or something. I would like some big changes for the SRB1 Remake. For example: drastical changes to the level design, sorta like Mega Man Powered Up. If this happens, maybe a future update for SRB2 The Past simply brings back the SRB1 Remake we currently have. To visit it again and show it to newcomers at the same time.

Last edited by Elyos03; 01-22-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Mispelled the word "big"... UGH. Also, "True dat" is intended, so be it.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018   #92
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

If I were to toss SRB1 Remake into SRB2 the Past, it would have to be handled differently than how all the other unlockables are due to one key feature. SRB1 Remake forces the use of Sonic and Knuckles.

Out of all the unlockables, it would be the only one you have to access via the menu opposed to a hub.
Old 01-22-2018   #93
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
The in_dev page on the wiki says that 2.2 will include some stages from the past few Official Level Design Contests. So yeah more unlockables.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018   #94
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhog View Post
The in_dev page on the wiki says that 2.2 will include some stages from the past few Official Level Design Contests. So yeah more unlockables.
This reminds me of a question I have still yet to be seen addressed. Back in the day when OLDC was still a thing, I remember Mystic saying something along the lines of the best OLDC levels will be implemented into 2.2. Seeing as OLDC is kinda retired at the moment, what's the new plan for that?
Old 01-24-2018   #95
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Levels taken from the 2.1 OLDCs back when it wasn't retired, I guess.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018   #96
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Judge

Our pattern for picking the unlockables has been "maps we like", OLDC or not :V