SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Characters (2.0.X)

Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011] Details »»
Hinotev2.0 Update [11/07/2011]
Developer Last Online: Nov 2018

Version: SRB2 Rating: (26 votes - 4.92 average)
Released: 08-03-2009 Last Update: 07-12-2011 Installs: 69
Characters SOCs

Alright, so.. I decided to update Hinote on her sprites once and for all. When I came back to SRB2 I noticed that my Hinote.wad wasn't exactly completed, so as I came back I took the time to finish her.

A few things have been fixed in Hinote.
-Added a new jump sound
-Walking frames have been fixed (Head movement, and added a missing PLAYI3I7 frame.)
-Running frames have also been edited.
-Super has been fixed.
-Custom Ability frames have also been added.
-Last but not least, her idle frames have been finished.

Also, Hinote's Flare Jump soc has been improved by Draykon. Special thanks to you! :D
What has been changed in her soc is animated custom ability frames and a fire trail now follows her during her ability.

Some Screenies of v2.0:

Old Screenies:

Download Links (Alternative Sendspace Mirror)

Hinotev2.0.wad
Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.wad This link is for the Hinote with the old ability, if you prefer it more.
Hinotev2.0-nosoc.wad The Hinote without any socs at all.

Spoiler:

Download Now

File Type: rar Hinotev2.0.rar (112.5 KB, 3502 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-oldsoc.rar (111.3 KB, 1432 views)
File Type: rar Hinotev2.0-nosoc.rar (110.9 KB, 1397 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 07-12-2011   #122
Kopper
Does not use Sonic.

I don't see this used many places. A pity, really. Because she's one of few well-designed extra characters (and not OMG SONIC WHO CAN RUN FASTER or TAILS WHO DOESN'T NEED THE SKILL OF STRAFEFLY) to exist in 2.0.

I can never put the effort in to make wads of any kind. (A pity, because I have a concept for a fairly awesome final boss stuck in my head)
So bonus applause.
Old 07-13-2011   #123
ashtheman14
Not this moron again...

It's cool but the flare jump sprites look a bit... odd. I thought the old flare jump sprites looked fine.
1 Race map... 12%
Just testing the water really, seeing what I'm good at...
Old 07-13-2011   #124
Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtheman14 View Post
It's cool but the flare jump sprites look a bit... odd. I thought the old flare jump sprites looked fine.
That's where the old soc comes into play. I'm just trying something different you see.
If it continues to become an issue. I'll change the flare jump back to its original state as v2.0.
Old 07-13-2011   #125
ashtheman14
Not this moron again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinote View Post
That's where the old soc comes into play. I'm just trying something different you see.
If it continues to become an issue. I'll change the flare jump back to its original state as v2.0.
Sorry-I meant old flare jump sprites with fire effect, but you don't need to change them if you don't want to. I can live ;)
1 Race map... 12%
Just testing the water really, seeing what I'm good at...
Old 07-13-2011   #126
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

Nice update indeed! Though, I dunno, I still have a problem with that ability. Using it kinda makes you a living target... Speeding it up could fix that. Using it now suddenly makes you lose all acceleration and... bleh, I don't wanna be a living target just to get to a lil' high floor, or survive a death pit (if you strafe, or else it's probably too slow and you'll fall)
Old 07-14-2011   #127
Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtheman14 View Post
Sorry-I meant old flare jump sprites with fire effect, but you don't need to change them if you don't want to. I can live ;)
Alright we have tried that long time ago, but Hinote got stuck in a ceiling with the old soc. So it was taken off. The oldsoc.wad is there for a reason for those who prefer the old one :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Rawr View Post
Nice update indeed! Though, I dunno, I still have a problem with that ability. Using it kinda makes you a living target... Speeding it up could fix that. Using it now suddenly makes you lose all acceleration and... bleh, I don't wanna be a living target just to get to a lil' high floor, or survive a death pit (if you strafe, or else it's probably too slow and you'll fall)
Thank you! Well, it seems the new ability is slower and more controllable, but the old ability is more of a thok/jump. I would prefer the oldsoc if you don't want to be a living target as it is a little faster. Flare Jump in the first place was an ability where you didn't have a lot of control over (I believe.)
Old 07-17-2011   #128
Dimpsuu
Dimpsy

Awesome!!!
Old 07-27-2011   #129
abiT-v2
Strange...

Yeah, one of my favourite fan characters is on tour!

I liked old Hinote, but the new one is 2x better, you did very good job at updating her ;)
Old 10-01-2011   #130
Larztard

I have a suggestion for Hinote, do you think Hinote could spawn a fire trail everytime she spin dashes sorta like how Nitemare does.
Old 10-01-2011   #131
Charybdizs
Playing your heartstrings
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by larztard View Post
I have a suggestion for Hinote, do you think Hinote could spawn a fire trail everytime she spin dashes sorta like how Nitemare does.
Thought that'd certainly be cool, I think it would seriously unbalance her. It's like always having an elemental shield. Imagine the devastation that could cause in a circuit game, or even just a CTF game!
Old 10-01-2011   #132
Larztard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charybdizs View Post
Thought that'd certainly be cool, I think it would seriously unbalance her. It's like always having an elemental shield. Imagine the devastation that could cause in a circuit game, or even just a CTF game!
You're right, but it's an idea. I suggested this because since Hinote uses fire in gameplay, so mabye its an idea. Or at least in her super form she can do that.
Old 03-07-2012   #133
STUH
I'm Artistic deal with it!

well this is actually the best wad out there now, compared to Super Mystic Sonic this wad can actually rival him! I give this wad a 1 billion/1 billion you practically find wads this good out there you know and the design is really original not like Hyper Mystic Shadonic{he doesn't exist anymore if you think about it...}This wad is going to make you famous one day at looking back at SRB2, Great Job!

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

(STUH received an infraction for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)

Last edited by STUH; 03-15-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-07-2012   #134
Metal-Rawr
Friendly lurker, I promise.

You comparing this to SMS is just sad. I wanna cry now, this wad is too awsome to be compared to that.
Old 03-07-2012   #135
Inazuma
likes to assault raccoons
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUH View Post
1 billion/1 billion
You do realize that all of those numbers would just equal 1...right?
Old 03-15-2012   #136
STUH
I'm Artistic deal with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal-Rawr View Post
You comparing this to SMS is just sad. I wanna cry now, this wad is too awsome to be compared to that.
Because SMS doesn't have a bad reputation he's actually one of the most famous wads on SRB2.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpeedGodX View Post
You do realize that all of those numbers would just equal 1...right?
yeah what about it?

(STUH received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
Old 03-15-2012   #137
I'll Begin
💪🐑

Quote:
yeah what about it?
He means that to say 1billion/1billion and 5/5 mean the exact same thing as it's a scale rather than an absolute number.

And since you were so clearly trying to express just how much you love this character wad, using a bigger number the way you have hasn't exactly achieved the "off the scale" effect you intended, again, because it's no different from 5/5 or 10/10

Last edited by I'll Begin; 03-15-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2012   #138
Bbop800
hey

Quote:
Because SMS doesn't have a bad reputation he's actually one of the most famous wads on SRB2.
SMS is a popular wad in terms of how often the multiplayer community uses it. But in the SRB2MB, SMS is highly looked down upon for being a recolor with extremely overpowered abilities, which is pretty much why casual players use him so much. The wad wouldn't even make it into the submissions just from the recolored aspect alone. Hinote is considered a high-quality character because it's one of those few fan characters that actually work and are completely balanced.

Add me on Steam!
Old 03-24-2012   #139
gamerman14
returned for SRB2 2.1

looks pretty cool. how do you get the super trans frames to work?
Old 03-24-2012   #140
JeanVolcanHedgi
homeworks to do :(

Well...that is a great wad.

(JeanVolcanHedgi received a warning for this post: Do not spam. Put actual content in your posts.)
Old 10-01-2012   #141
CelestialGod
Secretly I'm nonexistant.

Haha, nice character. Would you be working on this?