Why doesn't anyone use CTF wads anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentdude2

Back from the dead
Do people have something against using other levels and characters in CTF? I don't see how anyone can just play on the same CTF levels everyday. Theres only a few people that I know that use level/character wads in CTF, including me, Jaice, and probably Cyber. The wads are made to make the game more interesting anyways so why not use them more often?

Do people have something against using other levels and characters in CTF? I don't see how anyone can just play on the same CTF levels everyday. Theres only a few people that I know that use level/character wads in CTF, including me, Jaice, and probably Cyber. (Oh, and Charybdizs) The wads are made to make the game more interesting anyways so why not use them more often?

Fix'd

I use retropack or Hyperduels whenever I host, which, lately, hasn't been so much.

We need some more CTF packs... That's why I'm designing stages! :}

Have you ever tried levelbuilding, Trent?

I've never tried to make a level. I don't even know if i can since my computer is like half retarded. I also don't know the first thing about level building on SRB2.

Actually it's pretty easy. Now making a GOOD level? That's a different story. However, I think my next level will be playable and actually fun, unlike [FAIL]Gravity Garden[/FAIL], my map for the last OLDC...

Well, there aren't too many good CTF stages. Project: Hyper Duels I still hate that name and Retro Pack are about the only packs with good ones. The OLDC however didn't have so many.

Also do remember that most of the time, it's rather difficult for people to get a decently sized game going.

I've made a CTF pack a long time ago, but after this long time, I assume that the levels of this pack are completely horrible.

I've considered making a CTF level called "Forest Frolick(?) Zone", and even had it drawn on a piece of paper, but I haven't really made it yet. I doubt it'd be any good, since I don't know much about level building either, but it's still something I hope to make and one day release.
And since my computer is slow as slugs, I can't really download level packs or anything of the sort, so I just stick to the normal CTF levels. They're pretty fun, all-in-all.

I've considered making a CTF level called "Forest Frolick(?) Zone", and even had it drawn on a piece of paper, but I haven't really made it yet.

Now I'm curious... Can you PM me a picture of it by any chance?

And since my computer is slow as slugs, I can't really download level packs or anything of the sort, so I just stick to the normal CTF levels. They're pretty fun, all-in-all.

Does that mean that you've NEVER played Hyper Duels or Retropack? MAN you don't know what you're missing!

No matter how fast-paced SRB2 is, it doesn't change the fact that the levels are ridiculously tiny especially for CTF maps.

Hyper Duels is awesome. It's so fun, you can play it alone and STILL have fun exploring.
As for me, I never play CTF because I suck at it and I'm deadweight to whatever team I'm on(I am sort of good at protecting the flag, but get shot too much. Plus, I never bother to get more rings when I'm shot for some reason).

No matter how fast-paced SRB2 is, it doesn't change the fact that the levels are ridiculously tiny especially for CTF maps.
That's actually one of the reasons why CTF maps aren't regarded too well in general (just look at the scores CTF levels get in the OLDC). CTF needs more players than Match to work properly, yet the maps are much smaller. To add to the misery, they have twice as many weapon panels, which I guess is meant to compensate for the high amount of players, but also leads to an insane weapon density.

I don't say we shouldn't have small CTF maps; they're nice to have for smaller games like 1v1 or 2v2. But we also need bigger maps that don't break down in 5v5 or 6v6.

I'm Happy no one mentioned Canyon CTF. It is hard to make a Ctf level correctley and make one that is fun and doesn't get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back