Do you like Debug Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it does not keep me interested. And neither do I like finding random glitchs, with it or not, in any game with it. I find it rather pointless to use it for things like that, when I'd usually prefer playing the actual game rather than mess around with its debug mode, otherwise I wouldn't play the game at all if I didn't like it.

There. That's my opinion of debug mode. Whether or not there is a good use for it or not, I'd rather leave it than use it.

I used to do that, and it kept me interested with all the glitches you can perform, but it's not so appealing anymore.

Well, I put in the action replay code, go to the debug menu (by just constantly pressing A at the main menu), and make my fight. Not sure what could go wrong; if you're just trying to do a melee in it, Giga Bowser, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Popo, and the wireframes usually shouldn't crash the game at the results screen if you have the Mario status modifier, and if you try going to stages such as the trophy stage or adventure mode's Mushroom Kingdom, be sure to have the "stage's don't crash" codes on.

As far as S1-3K/CD goes, I actually like to mess around with the levels and throw completely random stuff around for kicks. Gets boring after a while, but it's fun every now and then.

Debug mode in most of the games are crappy and tend to glitch or make my screen freeze. The only time I would use debug mode is Super Smash Bros. Melee. It feels more challenging facing more computer players on the field, playing other characters that are unplayable, and using a stage/event in Adventure mode as a stage. Example, Coneria on the second part with the Arwings shooting like crazy for a versus match (very, very fun)!

I only really use it to get characters into areas that a different character would go to (Eg, Sonic past the rocks near the end of Angel Island act 1). Sometimes to just screw around with glitches.

I just figured out how to use debug mode with S3&K without having to go onto the level select! All you do is do the codie stuff, then hold a, press start, select your slot, and bam, you got debug mode that you can save progress! Thats how I beat S3&K. =P

In Sonic 2 I always make Ring pipes, yeah you have to keep tapping the button and move left or right simultaneously. Doesn't every game have a debug mode?

NeoAce said:
I prefer Melee's debug mode. Smash Bros. at its best. :)

Agreed. I would always fight CPUs in the Home-run Contest stage. It was so fun.

Hah, forget the Home-Run Contest stage... I myself was personally interested in brawling on target stages. Pichu's is a total riot, shame it only works well with one stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back