How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded Sonic Robo Blast 1 from The Sonic Zone and played it a little bit. The graphics were bad, so I e-mailed Sonikku offering to help him. That's when he told me about SRB2.

I downloaded Sonic Robo Blast 1 from The Sonic Zone and played it a little bit. The graphics were bad, so I e-mailed Sonikku offering to help him. That's when he told me about SRB2.
Because it wasn't obvious, eh? :P

So yeah, my story is not spectacular. I browsed around a software site in the games section with my cousin on easter 2008 because we were bored. We already knew all the free Mario games, so I thought "Hmm, there's that other video game guy called Sonic, let's look for that." In the end, we ended up downloading 1.09.4 and thinking finding easter eggs was the goal of the game. That's how much we know about Sonic games, essentially nothing. In contrast to my cousin, I got hooked with the game and have been around here ever since.

I was just discovering Fangames in general and came across Acid-Play. I remember the game had recently been added when I first went to the site. Oh, the days....

Last edited:
I was on youtube looking for cheats for Sonic the hedgehog 3 (Yes, I know it's bad to cheat.) and that's when I stumbled upon a video about someone getting the master emerald in SRB2 1.09. I thought that it was a game made by Sonic Team but I searched for it anyways. (I think you know what happens after that.)

Last edited:
Mine's a wierd one. As it started out, I was a part of a team for another Sonic fangame - that would be Ashura: Dark Reign, for the curious. It was a fellow team member who showed it to me early in our project's lifespan in an MSN discussion. Originally I took a look at the screenies on the main site and didn't think too highly of them, mostly because it looked like a bunch of flat colours on a glance. Some time later when I got a non-shit internet connection, I eventually caved and got me a copy of 1.0.9 (at least I think that's what the version was - it was before the last update before 2.0 anyway). Turns out that still screenies really doesn't do the game justice - either that, or someone took the worst pictures of THZ imaginable.

So in working for one fangame community, I became a part of another. Go figure.

I was surfing around Youtube, looking for some RPG2k3 tutourials and ran across a Sonic RPG video and found SRB2 in the video list. I checked it out, went to the main web site, downloaded it, end of story. Now, I'm waiting for 2.0.5 to come out. =P

I used to play 1.09.4 back in the days, but I stopped shortly after since I had no clue how the multiplayer worked.

Then about a year later I Google Sonic Fangames and came across this again. I decided "Why not?" and played the game again. This time it was WAY different (this was back when 2.0 was first released) then before. So I started playing online again, still confused, then thanks to the help of some reandom people online, I completely understand how everything works in the game. I haven't stopped playing since. :D

I was browsing the fan game section on Sonic Retro and I found SRB2 (1.09.4) with some level pack. Tha was in early 2009 (yes I found this amazing game quite late)

Some of my friends in school were talking about a game called Srb2. At first I didn't believe them and thought that there were no sonic games on the internet (boy was I wrong). A week later I decided to see if it really existed and so I googled it and to my surprise there was an Srb2 and thats how I stumbled upon it. By the way this was when I was addicted to game console games not computer games.

i was looking on google images and i found an image of some chao in a 3d level and i just had to find where it came from then i found out about srb2 and i really wanted to download it but my dad woudnt let me download it to his linux computer(now he uses mac)so in april 2009 when i got a new computer i downloaded srb2 then when srb2 2.0 was released i played it and i thought sucked but then in january or febuary 2010 i downloaded it again and now i like srb2 again

IN THE YEAR 2006
IN THE 10th MONTH
THERE WAS A MUCH DIFFERENT WORLD
A WORLD IN WHICH BROADBAND WAS NEW TO CINEFAST

And so with broadband internet, my first ever download was SRB2 1.09.4, and I enjoyed it. Then I took a break from the community for like, 3 years. Then I was browsing the ZDoom forums, saw a reference to SRB2 (From BlazingPhoenix actually) and rediscovered the game.

As for how I came across SRB2, a few months before, a little shop was opened and it had a Mega-Drive and I played Sonic 1 on it. Googling around on t'interwebs revealed the fangames. I found SRB2 and despaired about not being able to download it - and the story goes on above.

I found sonic robo blast 2 when I was searching for good Sonic games, it was on Thanksgiving (or so I remember) when I actually found it. I loved it, and played it ever since.

Honestly. I go on forums to click on everyone's signature. I found it from some random person in some other forum. I also found Newgrounds, Amish-Donkey, XKCD, Penny Arcade, Girly, Emulators, MLIA, and a crapload of other things.

I found the old XMas Demo on SFGHQ way back when. I thought it was real cool, and ended up checking out Demo 2 when that came about, which blew me away. I've been around off-and-on since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back