Hidden exits? Found in anchient levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
while digging through the really old versions of Deep Sea and Rocky mountain I came across what I believe could either be level warps that send you ahead a few zones, or secret exits to hidden zones.
SRB2021.png
SRB2022.png

Im just wondering, what were these spots ment to do? The Deep sea one opens up after nearly completing the level, and the Rocky mountain one locks you in.

(Level were played using demo 2 and the custom made resource pack)

Ontopic: Deep Sea's looks like another way to get to Mine Maze. I have no idea what Rocky Mountain could send you to. Don't you just love the Mysteries of the Beta levels?

OFFTOPIC: Man, I still am anxious to play these levels in the next version of SRB2: The Past. Your Signature Makes me HYPED for the next verison.

OFFTOPIC: Man, I still am anxious to play these levels in the next version of SRB2: The Past. Your Signature Makes me HYPED for the next verison.
You know, you could always download the old versions of SRB2 and play them right away. And those old levels, I'm sure there's a download for those floating around somewhere. Not that they're in any way worth playable. They're garbage.

Trying to remember, but I don't. Most of them are probably just for special stage tokens.
If the DSZ one is truly 'HPZROCK' texture on the walls, that *may* have been the entrance to Hidden Palace Zone.

Trying to remember, but I don't. Most of them are probably just for special stage tokens.
If the DSZ one is truly 'HPZROCK' texture on the walls, that *may* have been the entrance to Hidden Palace Zone.
both of them had Hidden palace textures.

Now for the next question, was an official SRB2 Hidden palace ever made?

Also I double checked the release link of these old levels and, the link is dead.

Edit: this just in, Sepwich hosting, is dead and gone.

Last edited:
No, they weren't. There are lots of things in ancient design documentation that basically outlines really bad concepts for secret stages, so you're probably better off that they never got made, anyways.

Yes, I am late. I don't always follow SRB2 so this caught me off guard. Thanks for the offer, but I still have the levels from when Sepwich was still up.

No, they weren't. There are lots of things in ancient design documentation that basically outlines really bad concepts for secret stages, so you're probably better off that they never got made, anyways.

Mystic's too young. Yes, there was a stage. Dig around in early SRB2Xmas versions and you might find some purply Sonic 2 scrambled HPZ textures and maybe something in the MAP32 music slot.

Yeah, I think I remember you saying that I could use that in SRB1 remake. Didn't you have something else using that sky?

I think I may have jumped the gun because of what we do have. (Current Hidden Palace texture set and midi) If there were textures and music available in a Christmas version, it must have been v .90. the missing version. (This one isn't missing because of a lost installer too, is it?)

I'm going to check demos 1-4 later.

I think I may have jumped the gun because of what we do have. (Current Hidden Palace texture set and midi) If there were textures and music available in a Christmas version, it must have been v .90. the missing version. (This one isn't missing because of a lost installer too, is it?)

I'm going to check demos 1-4 later.

I know this sounds weird but what about the bonus track on the old SRB2 soundtrack from 2000? that might be the music(though im thinking it might not be, it WAS called a bonus track.).

Last edited:
It is. Hidden Palace was just confirmed to be the secret level these warps were to take you to.

Holy frick, I thought it was lost to time, but I actually still have it! Textures too.

http://ssntails.srb2.org/realhpz.rar

Go ahead, restore it, would be cool to see.

As a side note, I can't quite remember, but it may have originally been built with Sonic Doom 2, as the 2nd secret map was planned to be HPZ, but then it got moved to SRB2.

Edit: HAAAAH! 2.x still has most of the textures!!!

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Yeah, I think I remember you saying that I could use that in SRB1 remake. Didn't you have something else using that sky?

Well, the idea was that if you didn't have the zone properly unlocked and went to the level, it was just the garbled sky and an empty mess that sent you into a pit.

Last edited:
Wow! And demo 2 even has the proper textures & Music already loaded too. Thank you SSNTails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back