Wandering Protagonist
Every time I try to compile the source code, the compiling stops saying:
[Build Error][depend.dep]Error 1
What's going on?

Maklefile

Every time I try to compile the source code, the compiling stops saying:
[Build Error][depend.dep]Error 1
What's going on?

I am guess by Makefile, what make command did you used and for what system?

No make?

I'm a begginer at this so I have to ask:
What are you talking about with "make command"?

I am using Windows XP.

OK, so how are you trying to compile SRB2 then? what program? an IDE?

Dev-C++ is broken

I'm using Dev-C++.

since I am guessing you are using Srb2win.dev, do you have a bin and an obj folder 2 folders up along with the src folder? like this:
Code:
bin/Mingw/
obj/Mingw/
src/
src/hardware/
src/win32/

please note that Dev-C++ project files are unsupported

since I am guessing you are using Srb2win.dev, do you have a bin and an obj folder 2 folders up along with the src folder? like this:
Code:
bin/Mingw/
obj/Mingw/
src/
src/hardware/
src/win32/

please note that Dev-C++ project files are unsupported

I've deleted every folder except "src" and the ones inside it.
I'll try that.

tools are good

I've deleted every folder except "src" and the ones inside it.
I'll try that.

bad idea, it also use files from tools subfolder for Mingw builds

just do not delete folders, it breaks the setup

The wiki briefly shows how to start compiling with Dev-C++, found here:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_Code_Compiling

If you only installed Dev and tried compiling, it won't work. You need the devpacks, which is stated in that site.

src is where the entire source code is kept, so you could keep that entire folder somewhere else as backup. But in order to compile, you need all the other folders that AlamGBC listed. The project file is in src\win32\srb2win.dev

Dev-C++ tends to be hard to set up at first. If you still get errors, look for the compile log, and the error should be near the bottom. If it's a missing file, then post the name of it here.

The wiki briefly shows how to start compiling with Dev-C++, found here:
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Source_Code_Compiling

If you only installed Dev and tried compiling, it won't work. You need the devpacks, which is stated in that site.

src is where the entire source code is kept, so you could keep that entire folder somewhere else as backup. But in order to compile, you need all the other folders that AlamGBC listed. The project file is in src\win32\srb2win.dev

Dev-C++ tends to be hard to set up at first. If you still get errors, look for the compile log, and the error should be near the bottom. If it's a missing file, then post the name of it here.

The "depend.dep" problem is solved: I've made an empty file named "depend.dep" and I've put it in the src folder.
But it now asks for a file named "tmap.nas". It IS already on the src folder, but I still get that error.

Nasm

The "depend.dep" problem is solved: I've made an empty file named "depend.dep" and I've put it in the src folder.
But it now asks for a file named "tmap.nas". It IS already on the src folder, but I still get that error.

then you do not have NASM installed, also, it need to install as nasm.exe, the DevPack may had named it as nasmw.exe, look in C:\Dev-Cpp\bin for a nasmw.exe file and renamed/copy to nasm.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back