• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Solar Vivarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've made a little progress on this. Not a whole lot, but some. And now I can kinda offer a little info on what to expect. From what I actually completed, the map has been designed to pose "natural" challenges- ie; you will be given obstacles that are natural to the environment (or faux environment in a lot of cases). They won't be there "to be there"; they're there because they are the actual architecture of the map. So no random crushers, floating moving blocks, conveyor belts that serve no real purpose to the map, etc...

I'll also be looking for testers soon.

Last edited:
Well this got my attention, but you showed us only one picture this far, why not show us more pictures?

I'll also be looking for testers soon

I would like to be tester too I guess

Last edited:
I'd also like to do that (beta test), but actually that's probably just 'cause I want to play SRB2 more, nothing new that's really that exciting lately... Good thing we have the OLDC every month.

Oh great can I be tester?

I also wouldn't mind, I've always wanted to see a development on an environmental basis so I'm keen to see how you pull it off. It's nice to know you're not sticking to the general 'Robotik' theme and using surroundings, kinda like a Zelda puzzle.

The screenshot you have there looks very appealing. If the rest of the mod is like that, the pack will be amazing, as long as the gameplay is enjoyable.

If all the places in your mod are done with as much attention as the first screenshoot the beginning, it will be an extraordinary project.

I never saw this mod, I had to go too fast.

In this regard, by "SV now has an original song." You mean ... you've put personalized music ?

Yep.

I am writing a useless string of words since it won't let me post under 10 words, ignore this part.

The whole "environmental challenges" thing and the "biological nature-ish environment in space" thing reminds me of Metroid Other M to a point, somehow. If it's okay, I would like to be a tester, also. Yeah, I know I'm a little late.

Last edited:
I'm kind of mad that I just came across this. From the one screenshot, your detailing abilities seem great and all that I've read about what you're planning really raise my interest towards this. Also, I'm open as a beta tester.

Can't wait to see an actual playable release to see if your ideas translate well.

Oh mah gawd

THIS IS EPIC.
Seriously, its pretty impressive how now SRB2 Map Makers are taking his jobs as if it need it to live. Well, how i describe what this needs? Well, i don't see anything that this level of detail and
atmosphere needs.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

THIS IS EPIC.
Seriously, its pretty impressive how now SRB2 Map Makers are taking his jobs as if it need it to live. Well, how i describe what this needs? Well, i don't see anything that this level of detail and atmosphere needs.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
... He's not really an SRB2 dev map maker, so it's not his "job"... Also, why such big size of letters? I'm scared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back