Who owns a HD TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven

Steven Duda
Who owns a HD TV? I don't because well money does not grow on trees (they grow on cars) and there is nothing wrong with my SD TV. If it isn't broke, why fix it.

I do, a fairly standard 32-incher that cost about £300. I needed a new TV at the time anyway, so I thought, why not just get something that'll do me well for quite into the future?

EDIT:

Since Someone's bragging about his monitor, I might point out that my 24" monitor is capable of HD @ 1920x1080 (and as a result 1600x1050 is effectively the minimum resolution I can bear on PCs anymore).

Last edited:
I do, it's called my PC monitor. I'm not actually kidding, my 30" screen has an effective resolution of 1360x768

I got one on craigslist for $250. It's a 34" Sony CRT and weighs like 300lbs, but who cares?

I have a 40+ something inch HDTV. Its a Sony Bravia one too.

HDTVs are becoming a standard now, and they're getting cheap. I think its time to get one if you don't have one.

Can't wait till 3DTV gets popular.

I'd rather not pay upwards of 1000 dollars to see stuff broadcast in "super HD 720" and possibly 2000 for a 1080p capable TV, my monitor works fine.

I do, it's called my PC monitor. I'm not actually kidding, my 30" screen has an effective resolution of 1360x768

This. Although mine's a 42" LCD at 1920x1080, also has my 360 hooked up.

We also have a 42" LCD in the entertainment room for the Wii and the other 360. And a 46" Plasma in the living room.

I'd rather not pay upwards of 1000 dollars to see stuff broadcast in "super HD 720" and possibly 2000 for a 1080p capable TV, my monitor works fine.

I paid £550 for my 1080p capable TV, where are you looking? O.o

Having played the 360 on an HDTV, it really does make a huge difference for games. I have a moderately old HDTV that was passed down when my grandfather died, and it is a huge upgrade from my old CRT SDTV. Things are just so much prettier on it, and I can actually read the small text in games that forget SDTV still exists X_X

HDTV is only as good as the source. I receive over-the-air broadcasts and they are amazing. HDTV from a cable company is compressed to hell and back.

My household has two old CRTs that might be 19 inches, and don't even have stereo sound.

i'm so teknolgikaly advansd aint i

My Monitor is a HDTV and so is My TV <3 Panasonic Vi- sumthing
I cherish my monitor sooo much <3

I have an HDTV, but it's probably going to be obsolete, with the new and impressive 3DHDTV, god this is going to be annoying, I already have to wear glasses.

I used my first financial refund to buy my Wii and get it modded, and used the second refund to buy a 32-inch HDTV from Samsung. Now that the third one is coming in October, I'll sell my 32 and buy something bigger. I'll see if I can get a 50 or something.

I rarely watch TV, so I simply use our DVR to record and watch it when I'm absolutely bored. I don't feel like buying one of those new HD antennas. What I DO feel like buying is a monitor cable. I still have PC games, and it would be nice to play it on the big screen.

I'm with Mystic on this one, there is a huge difference when it comes to SD vs. HD, the difference when playing a game is not just in the resolution, but how the game as a whole looks, lighting, colours, etc. are much more vibrant, you won't see much difference with TV, but with games consoles (not the Wii) you will see a lot of difference. When I got my first HDTV, my God did my jaw drop when I plugged my 360 into it after using it on an SDTV for ages.

I do. I don't know how big it is (I forget) but I just know that I bought an HDMI cable as soon as I figured out that my family was getting one. I played Blazblue on it. 'Nuf said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back