Okay, 2 questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few questions that has been annoying me.

1. How do you type in color in SRB2? (Please, no dumb answers like, IMAGINATION! Or, YOU USE MAGIC!)

2. Is there a way to do something every time you use a command, like addfile?

EX: What I want to do is, everytime I use the addfile command, it says something. Like for example,
Code:
addfile senkuserv20.wad
then, it says in echo,
Code:
File loaded successfully!
Without like doing it for every file.

Thanks.

1. How do you type in color in SRB2? (Please, no dumb answers like, IMAGINATION! Or, YOU USE MAGIC!)
You don't because it's only doable via colorcodes or something, it highly impractical, only good for trolling, and will be taken out anyway.

EX: What I want to do is, everytime I use the addfile command, it says something. Like for example,
Code:
addfile senkuserv20.wad
then, it says in echo,
Code:
File loaded successfully!
Without like doing it for every file.

Source code modification. :3

...rawr?

@Kaysakado

Well, like, just say for example, I use a console command, like
Code:
addfile smv2.wad
and it says,
Code:
File Added!
ok? Well, I don't want to make a script or alias or whatever for EVERY FILE I ADD. I just want to know if there's a way to do something like,
Code:
ALWAYSCOMMAND ADDFILE -commandhere-
something like this,
Code:
ALWAYSCOMMAND ADDFILE "ECHO FILE ADDED!"

Last edited:

As in, changing the character's skin color? Why not just use the multiplayer menu?

Not possible without exe coding. You can script a series of commands with the "alias" function, but that's not what you're looking for.

@blue warrior.
No he means colored text in srb2 witch only dte and eblo knows how to do it i think.

Back on topic

1.Im not sure but i think it's an srb2 secret and developers know how to do it and they tell people that deserves it i think.

2. Ummm i dont understand what you mean.

Nobody is going to tell you how to do #1, and it's already fixed for 2.0.5 anyway.

As far as #2 goes, you'll need a source code modification to print out a success message every time. If you are inclined, you can modify your own copy of SRB2 and (if you do it right) won't break compatibility with other people. Though I'm not really sure why you need one considering that the console already spews out confirmation when you add a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back