Srb2psp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

"The hated one"
Ok it's been a long time since i posted here but...

I got a PSP 2001 a few days ago and when I try to play SRB2PSP I can't because after I choose my character it just turns off. I HAVE CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND I HAVE THE SRB2 FILES IN THE FOLDER WITH THE EBOOT.PBP and the game starts fine but when I choose single player then my save file then my character *POWEROFF!!!

What do I do?!?!??!! (?!)

Wait until I upload a new binary of it?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I don't remember, but I don't think the SRB2PSP build ever worked beyond the character select. The GP2X build got nothing better than 7fps in-game, and the systems are comparable, so... sorry.

I don't remember, but I don't think the SRB2PSP build ever worked beyond the character select. The GP2X build got nothing better than 7fps in-game, and the systems are comparable, so... sorry.

yea, it USED TO not get past the Character select screen, but I fixed that, I had got a PSPLINK setup to debug with and able to get it work in plain software mode. It just that using PSPGL and SRB2 OpenGL's code is broken up to a point. I will release a new binary, I just need to fix up my build scripts for my new system for a new release.

"The game could not be started (Error 80020148)"

well, opps, when I fixed SRB2PSP build for PBX for debugging, I broke the EBOOT build step...

I am working on fixing the PSP build system

try now, I broke PBX building but fixed EBOOT linking

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Freezes on SONIC TEAM JR PRESENTS... screen for like 15 seconds, then shutoff.

edit!- ok, if you don't press start on the stjr presents screen, the mmstick light will flash until you press start, then the 15 seconds and shutoff. my laptop is charging right now...

Last edited:
Maybe it is crashing because of having more than 16 files open at the same time. I remember this issue back when I first started testing it on my PSP.

It seems like it tries to load a file, gives up, and forces the system to turn off. I really have no idea what the problem is exactly. I tried to fix the EBOOT file and I broke it.

It seems like it tries to load a file, gives up, and forces the system to turn off. I really have no idea what the problem is exactly. I tried to fix the EBOOT file and I broke it.

I think now why I compile SRB2PSP normally without music support, so it does not try to load music.dta and go over the 16 open files limit in the PSPCRT. I will compile a new build over the weekend, without SDL_mixer support.

you may get it to work if you remove the music.dta file. the game should skip trying to loading it.

I Have a problem as well. I used the EBOOT and took out the music.dta file, But when i try to load it, it goes to a blank screen and shutsdown. im using 6.60 LME . Can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back