running srb2 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

Can someone help me everytime I try to run the latest version of srb2 a message comes up that says: corrupt game data file. Delete gamedata.dat(maybe in srb2 folder) and try again. What does that mean and how do I get the game to work?

If you navigate to the folder where srb2win.exe is stored, there should be a file called 'gamedata.dat'. If you delete that file, the game should boot up just fine. If you updated directly to 2.0 from 1.09.4, you will get that particular error.

I recently downloaded that game and didn't get that error. If there isn't a file called 'gamedata.dat' in the folder, then the game itself should create it upon clearing a zone and exiting the game.

gamedata.dat is the file that includes your saved data. If you installed over your installation of 1.09.4 it'll try to read your 1.09.4 gamedata and find it corrupt because 2.0 has completely different save data storage. Delete the file called gamedata.dat in your SRB2 directory and it'll load fine, just like the error message instructs you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back