Suggestions

A separate button for super-form activation. I appreciate the super forms as a reward, but the transformation is annoying and potentially dangerous if done while making a critical thok. This is a huge problem in Neo Aerial Garden Zone.

Also, sometimes I want to accumulate rings for extra lives. Going super makes this all the more difficult.

Last edited:
Making a completely new button map for a single action seems a bit pointless if you ask me - you could probably achieve a fairly similar result by recycling an existing button or combination of buttons. Hell, it could be as simple as using the spin button instead of the jump button when you're trying to go Super, seeing as there's nothing else in the game that requires you to press spin in midair (at least to my recollection).

Definently agreed on all other accounts though.

Castle Eggman 2:

• The large door right at the start. Sure, it cuts off an interesting part of the level, but as it is, everybody waits at the start for the better player to make it through and open it.
  • The door in the turret room. You needn't kill off the turret, just have the door be opened already.
  • The door in the gigantic cannon room. Ends in another "waiting for the door" predicament.
I can think of another one for this act:
  • The dungeon with lots of buttons and enemies. Rather than having the door to exit it close when a button is accidentally pressed to slow everyone down until the enemies are gone, in Race it should stay open even when you've pressed one of those buttons.

This is the discussion topic, not the suggestions topic. But it seems more than one person have forgotten about this.

I was actually thinking of having that door closed in race.
Doh, didn't even think about that.

The laser cage will most likely be activated in Single Player mode only.
Yeah, I guess that works.

there's nothing else in the game that requires you to press spin in midair (at least to my recollection).
Whirlwind shield? Armageddon shield?

• The dungeon with lots of buttons and enemies. Rather than having the door to exit it close when a button is accidentally pressed to slow everyone down until the enemies are gone, in Race it should stay open even when you've pressed one of those buttons.
Yeah, I forgot about that one. It's possible there are others I've missed.

A separate button for super-form activation. I appreciate the super forms as a reward, but the transformation is annoying and potentially dangerous if done while making a critical thok. This is a huge problem in Neo Aerial Garden Zone.
You can thok after you transform, you know. Maybe if you were playing 1.09.4, this suggestion would have some merit...

Also, sometimes I want to accumulate rings for extra lives. Going super makes this all the more difficult.
RedXVI. 9999 rings is more than enough to get to the end with a perfect bonus and a huge ring bonus, even if you turn Super.

One thing I hate, Players or NPC Enemies killing you while your typing. My idea for that is that people who are typing should at least be invincible, but they can't move or throw rings even if they were. It just sounds fair.

One thing I hate, Players or NPC Enemies killing you while your typing. My idea for that is that people who are typing should at least be invincible, but they can't move or throw rings even if they were. It just sounds fair.

No, it's your fault for standing in the open. Go hide somewhere, THEN talk. Unless you like giving free points and rings/weapons. It's not fair that YOU should be able to go invincible, randomly turn the talk key on and off before you're hit, then wail on us.

First, this is not the suggestions topic. To suggest something you can use the suggestions topic.

Second, this can be abused pretty easily. In the middle of a fight, just before getting hit, press the talk key.

bring back duration of 0 please :(

Perhaps looking into what you hear before saying something literally *everywhere* would be a good idea?

It still works. Hell, just look at the Super Monitor SOC. It uses it.

Matt, I'm using it in my SOC and it's not working. Maybe because it's a spinitem, but it shouldn't make a difference. (yes i have ghostspinitem off)

More specifically, it causes the state to go on infinitely, as if the duration was -1.

I don't know if someone put this up yet but I think people should be able to join servers if their game is modified. Maybe if they join, first the system would remove any modifications if their game is modified?

I don't know if someone put this up yet but I think people should be able to join servers if their game is modified. Maybe if they join, first the system would remove any modifications if their game is modified?

This'll cause a bunch of inconsistencies. As annoying as it is, it's better to leave this on.

This'll cause a bunch of inconsistencies. As annoying as it is, it's better to leave this on.
Perhaps an ingame method of resetting the whole game might do the trick? At the very least it'd save us the trouble of exiting and re-entering the game manually.

Whirlwind shield? Armageddon shield?
D'oh. My bad, I'm an idiot. Perhaps pressing both jump and spin buttons simultaneously would work?

Well, you're forgetting that wads sometimes outright REPLACE things. It'd probably be too much work trying to get to...Well...UNreplace these things. The system we have now will just have to do.

*facepalm*

RESETTING the game. Key word. It surely can't be too much to ask to implement a function that quits the game and restarts itself to clear the "wad cache" for lack of a better description.

RESETTING the game. Key word. It surely can't be too much to ask to implement a function that quits the game and restarts itself to clear the "wad cache" for lack of a better description.

1: Close game.
2: Reopen game.
3: ???
4: PROFIT!

I know PROFIT is overdone, but it fits this perfectly; having one more small step to the game is too much for you now?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 9, Members: 0, Guests: 9)

Back