Suggestions

We have achievements already, they are called emblems. :P

Like other people said before me, we don't need SRB2 to become an XBOX live game. That isn't the intention of the design of SRB2. We don't need something which main purpose is mainly to raise your ego.

1) Why not this. While a player is in the air in a certain stance (such as falling from a stopped glide with KTE, falling when Tails is tired, or if any of them are falling from a launch of a spring) they can push the spindash button to roll into a spin. Thank god they added that in the Mega Mix hack. I think it would be a good idea to add in whatever release is coming out next in SRB2 so we actually can have a chance to save our ass rather than having no choice but to land on a badnik in a vulnerable state and accept an unwanted hit. This is especially annoying if your using a spring to reach an entryway in a cliff and there are a bunch of crawla's on the edge wanting to run you over and there's nothing you can do about it except dodge. That, of course, isn't always easy in area with a low ceiling.

2) Four-way CTF ftw.

The option to have more sprites under certain conditions. Example, sprites for a third speed. However, the default characters do not have these sprites in them, it's just for customizability when creating new characters. So you could use them like:

Swim sprites that are different to fly (and interchange if you surface, like S3)
Extra running sprites (that are set to walkanim, runanim and sprintanim) [And just to note, you could in theory have true walking frames using that, rather than the kind of jog that the default characters have]
Ability sprites (like slowfall would activate a different sprite)

And so on and so forth. It's nothing spectacular and should probably be considered later on, but it just adds to the customizability, which, in my opinion, is what makes SRB2.

Have a grey flag with Eggman on it which can be picked up by both teams.

For all flags, let the flags (...) determine attributes of it. If Deaf is selected, for example, it can be captured even if your own flag is not at base. If Multi is selected, the flag cannot be picked up to return it to base. The upper byte of the angle determines the time taken to return to base, and the lower byte determines how many points are given to the flag carrier per tic. There should also be a way to make the flag appear in Match mode.

This allows for match maps where you have to keep the flag to get points, and maps that require actively defending the flag, and maps where the flag instantly returns to base (by setting the return time to 0), and maps where both teams fight over one flag, and things like that.

Make it so that if you use analog, and you die or start a level, the camera will always start behind the player. As it is, I have to guess what angle I will be looking at based on where the camera was before I died/finished the stage.

Also, bring back Adventure Mode, but don't force analog for every level, people should be able to choose.

A four way Capture the Flag... Red, blue, orange, and green. Man that WOULD be awesome!

Almost. Red, blue, yellow & green. A stage that would've fit it could have been the horrible Dual Fortress or a modified version of Metal Star. I didn't like how Metal Star was removed. I liked the design and everything. I think that all it needed was an overhaul. The snipe posts were my personal favorite along with monitor hopping from base to base. Of course, you would need plenty of players for a 4-way but there is a solution. Here is what they could do. Make a flag appear ONLY if a person joins a team. For example, if I were to join blue then only a blue flag would appear. 1) That way people can't be cheap by taking a flag from a defenseless base before people join. 2) This would work greatly in a 4-way CTF if only two or three people are and can't occupy all four teams. They can't be cheap by stealing the flag of the team that doesn't even have a member.

Crazy idea but I highly doubt this would even be considered. Would be awesome to make a small 4-way CTF map in a Dual Fortress setting & a big one in a Metal Star setting.

Colour Tails' emblems Yellow instead of Orange. They are very difficult to tell apart from Knux's ones when they are transparent.

Make -forcemap races possible in CTF maps using the flags as checkpoints?

I don't know why this was removed, but bring back having multiple colors in Team Match other than red or blue. At least max 4 different teams would be nice, so this way you could do something like a 2v2v2v2 in an 8 player netgame, which would turn out to be a lot of fun.

Not letting Graphics mods cause a Modified Game state, disallowing you to enter netgames. Make it so it's treated like Music stuff and allows you to join games still, PLEASE.

Also, Neutral flag options for CTF, and a linedef trigger that gives the team points, and a TEAM SPECIFIC pushable for linedef triggering, so we can simulate Payload games.

Last edited:
4 team CTF has been suggested before a lot of times. There are a few major problems with that design:

1. You'd need an epic huge netgame to play it. With 4 teams, you'd basically REQUIRE 8 players to even be able to play at all, and optimal would be somewhere around 16-20. While we've had such netgames occasionally, they are quite rare and having a gametype that requires a very rare netgame to even work is not a good idea.
2. It would require all-new maps, something we're not particularly interested in doing right now, especially for such a narrow gametype design. The current 2-team CTF already requires special maps, after all.
3. It would be impossible to balance the teams. Whichever team is the weakest would basically become the whipping boy and all the other teams would go after them for the flag. That doesn't lead to fun gameplay.

3. It would be impossible to balance the teams. Whichever team is the weakest would basically become the whipping boy and all the other teams would go after them for the flag. That doesn't lead to fun gameplay.
Actually, I was thinking more of a Murderball-type game. There's one neutral flag that anyone can pick up, and their team gets points while holding it.

Actually, I was thinking more of a Murderball-type game. There's one neutral flag that anyone can pick up, and their team gets points while holding it.

So something along the lines of there being 4 control points, and each team getting points for holding the points, right?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back