Sunset Ridge Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually a pretty good level! I enjoyed it, except at the beginning where I Crawla-bounced into a pit. Other than that, it was awesome!

7/10

It's more important to align textures when building on a square grid. When you see what I mean, it will make your eyes bleed.

It felt that the level is really sub-par because you set your sights low. For me, I wasn't shooting for a Zone 1 Act 1 zone when I made Nuclear Sunset, I was shooting for making a characteristic level that was fun to play and was memorable. This level is not memorable or unique, which makes it inferior to almost every single other level ever. I will officially be offended if you make this the first level in your pack. We need different content around here, not the same-ol'-same-ol'.

Although hey, I think I'm forgetting the purpose of this. If you want to practce 2D mode in DB, that's cool. I personally am a stickler for 2D mode, but I make up for it by testplaying whenever I want to see how my level feels. 3D mode is kinda a merge between the two, so I think it's entirely reasonable to use it a lot.

No way in hell would I ever make this a first level in a pack. You see, I wasn't shooting for a sugar-coated explosion of uniqueness here. If anything, I was aiming for the complete opposite. This level was meant to take you back to a simple, classic feel, much like the first time you played GFZ1, or something to that effect. Mostly, however, I just did this because I wanted a break from what I am mapping now. I wanted to challenge myself to not use 3D mode as a simple self-established goal.
And personally, I think that this level has fulfilled it's purpose for the most part.

But I dun wanna go back to GFZ1 times! D:

I'd rather take a stroll through FF's first zone in acid missle(Waterfall Valley?), myself. :P

Should I work at making the level more explorable? I have a whole open empty upper-area that could do with some sprucing of the up variety.

Ice said:
sonicfreak94 said:
I'd also recommend texture alignment in some areas

Care to say which areas? I liked this simple mapping because it seemed to keep the textures in line, but since the textures seem to need some aligning...

There's too many to say, to be honest D=
I did however get a couple screenshots:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2mxxex.png

A bit further through there are some areas like this (and at the start of the level as well).

http://i43.tinypic.com/33mbnyw.png

(not sure if that one was intentional though)
It's not really necessary to fix, but I myself am an alignment freak =P

I rather liked how those textures ended up. Plus, I tried aligning some textures, but it ended up screwing up a lot of other textures in the process.

I enjoyed this level. I only had 2 things I didn't like. On the first blue spring, it was hard to judge how high I was going to go, and I ended up falling. I liked the song, just I don't like how in srb2 levels, it stops, then I hear the begining mid level, though that's not much of a complaint. Overall, I'd give it a 8/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back