Custom Texture Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFireTheHedgeHo

The Uncontrollable Flame
Hey, I was making this wad that was going to have pictures in it, But I didn't know what to do at first.
So I went into the SRB2 Wiki and did everything it said on custom textures, now everything is in place.
Except I don't know how to choose them inside SRB2DB, and on the wiki it doesn't explain how to do this either.
So the next best thing? Come here, now I would like to ask how do actually USE the PicTexts (picture textures)(and its for walls,not for the floor) and put them IN-game.

Thanks for your Cooperation.

If you did everything properly, they should appear in SRB2DB. You might have missed a step.

Load the map in question and go to Edit -> Map Options. There is a field that reads "Additional Textures and Flats from WAD file". Click the Browse button next to it and direct it to the file that has the textures in it. Then click OK and you should be able to select them.

You shouldn't need to do that if the textures are already in the WAD file. Open the WAD in SRB2DB and when you need to pick a texture, you would hit the tab key on your keyboard and all of the custom textures should be in with the normal ones. If not, then we might need to look at the WAD file to see what is wrong, or you can try to see which step you might have missed.

or you can try to see which step you might have missed.
Well lets see, I made the color palette use the current 2.0 vers,
Then I added the PNAMES file into the wad,made a file in the wad named
TEXTURE1.
Then I put P_start and put in the pictures(the Pictures are screenshots from SRB2)I renamed the pictures and put P_End when I was done.
Then I renamed TEXTURE1 to TEXTURE2, after that I put the additional textures from the wad file into SRB2DB, once I pressed TAB they weren't there.
Anything I forgot?

Did you add the pictures in the PNAMES lump? Did you add an entry to the TEXTURE2 lump?

I am not sure why you want to use screenshots from srb2 as textures. I think you might need to split up the picture in multiple patches. Look at the custom texture tutorial if you need to know what the correct size needs to be for the patches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back