SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing

Old 12-31-2017   #21
Flare957
a.k.a. HyperFlare957

Default Surprise Update!

Almost the end of the year, so I thought, "Why not show what I've done with Lush Meadow so far?".

The very beginning in it's current state. It's not too busy, however you can expect a number of alternate paths.

For example, the right path originally had 1 path, then 2, then 1 again, until I finally settled on a second path.

This is the right path's right.... uh, path. At first, I wanted the player to have to outrun a turret while making their way upwards. As you could probably see, that didn't happen.

I have opened up the water cavern checkpoint area and I'd say it's a lot better like this.

Remember that dark cave area? This is what it became. Quite a bit of platforming here and there.

The home stretch. There is at least 4 separate paths to take to reach the goal. Along with the abundance of choices, there's quite a lovely view outside of the main stage.

As an extra surprise, I have decided to release a beta of the level for people to try. Just remember that it is not complete yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sc_lush_meadow_beta.zip (395.7 KB, 44 views)
Flare957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017   #22
GreenKnight9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare957 View Post
Almost the end of the year, so I thought, "Why not show what I've done with Lush Meadow so far?".

The very beginning in it's current state. It's not too busy, however you can expect a number of alternate paths.

For example, the right path originally had 1 path, then 2, then 1 again, until I finally settled on a second path.

This is the right path's right.... uh, path. At first, I wanted the player to have to outrun a turret while making their way upwards. As you could probably see, that didn't happen.

I have opened up the water cavern checkpoint area and I'd say it's a lot better like this.

Remember that dark cave area? This is what it became. Quite a bit of platforming here and there.

The home stretch. There is at least 4 separate paths to take to reach the goal. Along with the abundance of choices, there's quite a lovely view outside of the main stage.

As an extra surprise, I have decided to release a beta of the level for people to try. Just remember that it is not complete yet.
This is AMAZING!
I feel like if this is modified in a few ways, it can be a match map too!
Old 12-31-2017   #23
Petit The Hedge
A.K.A. Neon T.H.

Quote:
The time has come to see the next part of Pyramid Panic Act 1!

https://imgur.com/ONeXjWq

Past the signpost are two paths that follow a similar element...

The straight forward path will become a Indiana Jones/Crash Bandicoot like hallway, riddled with enemies and hazards that will take some good reactions to pass.

https://imgur.com/rJv3lKC

The second, higher path will also be moving you into the foreground, however instead of a single strip of land, you'll need to jump between multiple lanes to avoid danger.
Note: The other lanes have yet to be added.

https://imgur.com/sKPdRtH

I have come across an issue with the first path, however...
https://imgur.com/VKNaKu0

The intended result was to have Sonic move left and right while still maintaining a forward facing state. In otherwords, I expected Sonic to use his front-left and front-right directional sprites when moving left and right respectively. I used the wind linedef action and tagged it to the strip directly, so this could be the cause of the undesired outcome.

I also came across this...
https://imgur.com/ABT5kmT

Uhhh, Flare,

there's a sonic hack called Sonic & Ashuro, that has a level called Pyramid Panic, its the second one, and the first is Green Hill, i notice some alike here. .-.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

By the way, that is a Sonic 1 Hack, it can be found on SHC 2017.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote:

I LOVE it! This level is great, i just couldnt take more than 3 paths till now, i already "completed" it tho'.

you're doing a great work here, Congrats' buddy.

Last edited by Petit The Hedge; 12-31-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Petit The Hedge is offline   Reply With Quote