Wierd error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

This just started to happen about three days ago:
Whenever I try to Alt+Tab out of SRB2, it gives the standard 'SRB2WIN.EXE has performed an illegal operation' dialog. Then, when I close that one, it says the same thing for kernel32.dll. Then, when I reboot, is says in DOS fashion: 'Windows protection error. You need to restart your computer'. Then, when I restart again, it starts in safe mode. Then, I need to restart and it's normal until I Alt+Tab out of SRB2 again. This happens frequently, and never out of this order. Any thoughts?

I did?
Strangely, running GoBack to about three days ago fixed the problem. But, the strange thing was, it didn't happen 'till I alt+tabbed out of SRB2, and that would be the only time it *would* happen.

It would probably also occur if you also alt+tabbed out of any 256 color Direct Draw full screen game.

Alt + Tab was not designed for full screen applications, only for windowed mode. So NEVER try Alt + Tab from a full screen program. Sometimes nothing strange happens (like in my computer). Sometimes the program crashes (like in this case). Sometimes a bug can appear.

A bug I noticed with windows Xp w/SRB2 is if (this button may not be on your keyboard) you press the litte cresent moon button that turns off the monitor and press it again the colors screw up. I did this way before I joined here.

Well, you're putting the computer into sleep mode while playing SRB2, what do you expect?

And, as a plus, sleep mode doesn't work well in all the computers. In my case, in example, it looks normal initially, but when I try to wake up it, the computer doesn't respond, and I must reset. For that reason I decided to change its function to power off directly :P

I never have problems with Alt-Tab in fullscreen stuff. I also can sleep mode fine. Must be how crappy my PC is >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back