Unknown hacker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentdude2

Back from the dead
The strangest thing happened to me while I was hosting my torturedplanet server today. Everything was just dandy until someone who used the mane player 14 came in and kept saying some really long message in the chat for a while until it got to the point where I just got annoyed and kicked him. I actually kick him a few time and he/she comes back using names like player 5 or player 4 or just basically player with a number beside it. It got to the point where I decided to ban him/her from my server but when I typed in the node, Another player would get banned instead! His/her node was one but when I banned node one it would ban node 14 or node 7 or any other node other than his/hers. So I gave up on bans and decided to do kicking instead but the same thing happened! Another person with a totally different node would be kick or banned. Luckily we finished torturedplanet so I was finally able to shut down without people begging me to finish torturedplanet.

What I want to know now is if this has happened to anyone else who has hosted and how did they handle it?

Woah.I confim its a hacker.
I was on two server yesterday (One on riders and one on vanilla srb2) and did'nt see him.
Log?

Pyro Fox Boy said:
The way I see it, it's just an empty threat. Like what J-town and SpiritCrusher said: ignore it. Whoever it is doing it is just looking for attention, and by god, they got it. Unless you have actual proof of this guy hacking I might believe you. But other than that, I highly doubt any hacking could be done to the MS. Well, unless you are a complete computer whiz and is working for the government, of course.

What is the point of this topic actually? As he explained, that guy just wanted attention which he got. Ignore him, and nothing bad will happen to world.

The strangest thing happened to me while I was hosting my torturedplanet server today. Everything was just dandy until someone who used the mane player 14 came in and kept saying some really long message in the chat for a while until it got to the point where I just got annoyed and kicked him. I actually kick him a few time and he/she comes back using names like player 5 or player 4 or just basically player with a number beside it. It got to the point where I decided to ban him/her from my server but when I typed in the node, Another player would get banned instead! His/her node was one but when I banned node one it would ban node 14 or node 7 or any other node other than his/hers. So I gave up on bans and decided to do kicking instead but the same thing happened! Another person with a totally different node would be kick or banned. Luckily we finished torturedplanet so I was finally able to shut down without people begging me to finish torturedplanet.

What I want to know now is if this has happened to anyone else who has hosted and how did they handle it?

It sounds like this guy is messing with the programming syntax when he names himself after a game entity such as 'Player 14'. This sounds like the guy is 'confusing' the game by picking this name. This would be more serious if this guy was coming in and crashing games and computers!

A name is a name, it won't confuse the game. SRB2 just cuts a letter off if there's a duplicate name present.

Not everything is due to hackers guys, this sounds more like a bug or user error.

...you know it doesn't say the name of the person who joins the game, right? It says, like, "Player 2 has joined the game" and then later it says "Player 2 renamed to Virt" or something. So it wasn't the same person over and over again.

Originally posted by jcokeinfinity.
It sounds like this guy is messing with the programming syntax when he names himself after a game entity such as Player 14
Well not really. This name problem occured in a server I joined on srb2 riders. It's because the player with the name such as Player 14 has a "bad name change" which is a name where the game dose not load it up. It's probably just an error in the name system.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Originally posted by Virt the Fox
...you know it doesn't say the name of the person who joins the game, right? It says, like, "Player 2 has joined the game" and then later it says "Player 2 renamed to Virt" or something.
Sort of. It's like that except that after it says something like "Player 2 has joined the game (Node 5). The name stays Player 2 instead of changing to "Player 2 renamed to Inferno The Firefox". This was the name error I was talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back