Sprite theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I decided to stop teasing myself with betas and the like so I haven't been following the project since around...01 I think, but I saw this ad and it sparked a memory:

WHAT-2.gif

Am I just hallucinating or is that one of the SRB2 Sonic animations at the bottom there?

Yeah, that website often uses SRB2 as its main hook, "3D SONIC GAME FREE DOWNLOAD OMG". Sadly, there's nothing anyone can do about it except for SEGA, which owns the rights to Sonic as a trademark. A small fanbase can't really contact them and tell them to take it down or... that's just it. It's impossible to say "OR WE'LL SUE YOU", because it's a fangame. We're lucky SEGA didn't step in and ruin this game as well.

Ah. Yeah, I had a feeling it was something like that. You'd think Sega would take more of a notice to them using it to pump out their adware or whatever they use it for than STJ just making it though -.-

Ash said:
Yeah, that website often uses SRB2 as its main hook, "3D SONIC GAME FREE DOWNLOAD OMG". Sadly, there's nothing anyone can do about it except for SEGA, which owns the rights to Sonic as a trademark. A small fanbase can't really contact them and tell them to take it down or... that's just it. It's impossible to say "OR WE'LL SUE YOU", because it's a fangame. We're lucky SEGA didn't step in and ruin this game as well.

Well, we could always get the CulT to DDOS www.internetgamebox.com ... :)

StephanosRex said:
You know, seeing this makes me realize something. Sonic needs another two head angles while walking to make the animation smoother. The arms move smoothly, the legs move smoothly, but the head just doesn't fit in with the smoothness of the animation.

On topic, I think finding some people to DDOS them would be a great idea. Thieves deserve punishment. Did they give credit for all the things they stole? No. Did they make any of this? No. They just profit off of the successes of others. In the meantime, I'm going to start flooding them with requested "support" that plays on their guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back