Why doesn't analog work in netgames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Seriously, I like analog better than non-analog. I can't say I care for strafing as much as I do analog control, simply because I'm used to it more.

But yeah, topic title.

So, you like falling off tiny ledges in Aerial Garden?

Apparently, analog control is relative to the camera. Hence, you'd have to send a whole 'nother set of data back and forth: where the camera is.

I don't play Mystic Realm, and when I do, I play single player with analog. And I'm better at it. I happen to like camera relative controls thank you.

Second, I've been really really tempted to EXE mod a working analog in netgames.

Erm, sure. I'm just saying, some levels have small platforms that are pretty necessary to use to continue. I don't know about you, but it's pretty hard to determine where you're jumping sometimes when you're using analog. Preference or not, analog doesn't have enough control.

Hmm. If I could find my cam pictures, I'd show you why you're wrong, but I'll just explain.

There's three lovely camera changing commands in the console. Cam_height, cam_dist, and cam_speed. Cam_speed is really only intergal to non-analog mode, but it'd help to keep it at a relatively normal level in correspondence with the height and dist variables.

Cam_Height, obviously measures how high the camera is in relevance to Sonic. Cam_Dist is how far it is. I've made scripts that I run when I get to these platform parts and do just fine on them. You say it lacks control, but you just aren't good at it or innovative enough to change the variables of the camera to fit analog's and your needs when playing.

I certainly don't mind it. If you do, you probably have issues.

Dude, he's a blue fucking spec, how can you miss it?!

I don't see what the problem is. Just because you don't like a zoomed out camera means the whole idea sucks? I prefer it, so you mind shuttin' up so I can enjoy my preference? Thanks.

SSN: FIX THE FREAKING NETCODE.

Seriously what the FUCK. The netcoding is so bad that a fun feature of the game has to be taken out just to work? Goddamn, it makes me think the people making this have no idea what the fuck they're doing.

Alam works on 1.09.4, while SSN works on a completely separate 1.1 version. Who knows. Besides the new features, maybe the netcode is better or worse. But I heard Mystic said once how 1.1 netgames is full of crashes.

And, please, no cursing. I'm sure the Analog would lag no matter what they do.

It really just seems silly if you're complaining about how SSN if you can't do better yourself.

Well, complaining just feels silly in the first place. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back