Sunny Coast v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sluggard

Formerly "RomioTheBadass"
A SinglePlayer Level i made, Don't have any good words to describe it , though i might describe it with 2 words "Beginner Level" .

Update 12/20/2015
  • Few changes and bugfixes

Update 12/21/2015
  • Removed "Player leaves sector" effect from some sectors

Attachments

• srb20001.jpg
    srb20001.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,438
  • srb20002.jpg
    srb20002.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,284
  • s_sunnycoastv3.zip
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:
-The city textures at the start are VERY unfitting. Don't really try to "force" a theme if it lasts for 2 seconds. Just use more sand instead.

-Both spring clusters KILL you if you don't hold forward like crazy. The first one even sends you in the wrong direction. That's stupid.

-Opaque water as a death pit is a no-no. Make it transparent or something.

-The level is extremely linear, it's literally a straight line. Try to make it more organic.

-Your thok barrier doesn't seem to be working properly, it looks corrupted on the edges. Are you sure you set it up correctly?

Anyway with all that, welcome to Releases.

So, er, since all of my points were gonna loop to what Zipper said, here's just one thing

-Tails and Knuckles are forced to fly / glide instead of taking the springs; they're not fast enough and outright get killed. Also, don't check Ambush on springs like you check it to make Rings float, it has a strange tendency of always turning the spring a little for some reasons. Also you can add grass ledges using unpeggeds, it makes everything looks a lot nicier.

Also, don't check Ambush on springs like you check it to make Rings float, it has a strange tendency of always turning the spring a little for some reasons.

That's because it's the purpose of the flag for springs. It rotates the spring counterclockwise by 22.5 degrees, for fine tuning.

But yeah, in this case the springs would've worked "fine" if the flag was disabled.(assuming Tails and Knuckles would still die?)

Level updated, although it's still somewhat linear it's much better with the new section (It fits) , Also Knuckles and tails should be able to reach the checkpoint After the springs from now on .
EDIT :
f3unh5.png

Last edited:
Okay so this apparently can happen at the beginning of the level (I'm assuming by going too fast, but I could be wrong).

Attachments

• srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 664
The sectors where you put the ""leaves" for the trees at the beach area have the "Exit" sector effect.

Presumably all of them are like this.

That's wierd, i don't even remember giving them that effect , i'll fix it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back