SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Editing > Utilities

SRB2 Doom Builder 2.0 Details »»
SRB2 Doom Builder 2.0
Developer Last Online: May 2014

Version: Unknown Rating: (2 votes - 2.40 average)
Released: 09-22-2011 Last Update: Never Installs: 0

Yup.

MAP EDITOR WITH SRB2(CB) & 3D SLOPE EDITING SUPPORT and MORE:

This is a mod of Code Imp's Doom Builder 2 project
(For more information, see: http://www.doombuilder.com/ )

-------

Doom Builder 2 has now been modded with extended support for SRB2+(CB).
The major advantage of this new editor is its stability and support for better real time 3D editing (including Slopes!)

Changes from original Doom Builder 2:
  • You can change the Z height of objects
  • SRB2's FOFs can be edited in 3D mode WITH TRANSPARENCY IN 3D
  • Higher distance limit for the 3D editor(since many SRB2 maps can be quite large)
  • Support for SRB2CB's slopes (including new "Copy Slope by Linedef" effect)

A configuration file for SRB2CB has been included with this release, it should work with both default SRB2 and SRB2CB.

There's a ton of new features that come with the editor itself:

• Organized lists of textures (So that when adding multiple textures, you can sort through them by file, also support for SRB2CB's TX_START is built right in!)
  • You don't have to finish drawing redundant lines when making sectors that share lines from other sectors - Just press enter when the lines you're drawing can make up a full sector(more description later)
  • Better support for external resources
  • Sort by sector darkness
  • Much more!

----

Some features that SRB2 Doom Builder 1 had may be missing from this release, but for most purposes, this is a stable, usable release.

-----

Download & Setup:

1)
Download the required dependency files for this to run (NOTE: This is only required if you've never installed Doom Builder 2 before):
http://www.mediafire.com/?w1yjq1jo311h3o8

Extract and install both exes inside the zip

---

2)

Download the actual map editor:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9jco5nj3tni38n0

Extract the map editor to a folder and it should run anywhere you want to keep it.

-----

3) Setup the game configuration for SRB2CB

Add the resource files

Go to Tools->Game Configurations

A window will pop up

Select SRB2CB from the list on the left

Click on Add Resource - A window will pop up

Under From Wad File, select the folder icon and find your SRB2 folder

add srb2.srb to the list

NOTE: You can add any other file you want to load with every map (like SRB2CB.dta for example)

Enable the FOFs and Slopes

To enable 3D mode, under the same window you added SRB2's resources, select the "Modes" tab

Make sure "GZDoom Visual Mode" is ENABLED (it's near the top of the list) and "Visual Mode" is DISABLED (it's at the bottom of the list)

------

Other Stuff:

Source Code (Not required to run the program)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfx5nfx14adx132

Suggestions are welcome

-------

MORE TIPS:
  • When you select multiple sectors in the 3D map editor, you can actually edit the height of multiple sectors at the same time!

So you can, for example, select multiple sectors that make up some stairs, and make them all of the selected sectors scroll up and down in the right proportion. This can seriously save a lot of time when making a map!
  • There's an undo/redo panel on the right side of the map editor, mouse over to get a detailed list of everything you changed in a map - all the way back to when the file was last opened!
  • You can copy-paste parts of other maps into each other just like before - And it even supports copy-pasting between different map formats (could be handy if something like UDMF comes around
  • Hold shift when drawing a line or move something to unsnap from the grid
  • You can customize the grid size and zoom level in the lower right hand corner of the map editor

You actually can do rotations and flipping like the old SRB2DB1, but this is actually MORE powerful:
  1. Select any object or group of objects - a sector, a linedef, or a group of map objects, or any combination.
  2. Press E - A box will appear around your selection allowing you to move or transform anything selected.
  3. A new panel will appear on the right of the map editor window called "Edit Selection" - mouse over this panel to show options to rotate, and scale the selection - You have an option for both horizontal and vertical scaling as well now!

More pictures should be added to this topic or a wiki page should be made to make these descriptions clearer

-----

Happy Modding!

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 10-28-2013   #82
Snow
Having a moment

I found out the problem with my other post as the shortcut linked to the original db2. But when I load srb2 db2 it just says "Doom builder has stopped working". Can anyone help me with this?
<SnowTH> I'm so proud
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #83
Steel Titanium

Did you install the dependency files?
http://www.mediafire.com/?w1yjq1jo311h3o8
Steel Titanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #84
Snow
Having a moment

the dotnetfx35 I already had but the slimdx crashed near the end saying "The installer has encountered a unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753." What do I do here?
<SnowTH> I'm so proud

Last edited by Snow; 10-29-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-2013   #85
JoeZeTroll12

Just works perfectly!!!Good job man!!!
JoeZeTroll12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #86
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

ok, I know this is a bump, but apparently version 2.1 is complaining that the level has no sectors when I try to test directly from SRB2DB2

Found the problem, it doesn't like the fast settings

Last edited by glaber; 03-24-2014 at 03:48 AM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #87
FaroukTheHedge
Permanently Banned

Is there any SRB2 Doom Builder 1 (Not 2) download link,i'm Currently using an old Laptop, and DB2 Won't Run ! ?
FaroukTheHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014   #88
Snow
Having a moment

http://workbench.srb2.org/srb2db/
<SnowTH> I'm so proud
Old 03-25-2014   #89
FaroukTheHedge
Permanently Banned

Thank you !! =D

Last edited by FaroukTheHedge; 03-25-2014 at 08:48 PM.
FaroukTheHedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014   #90
Tyrannic

I'm probably being extremely stupid, but I have a problem with the nodebuilder in Srb2DB2.0.
Every time I'm saving, the following message appears:
"Unable to build nodes: The nodebuilder failed to build the expected data structures. The map will be saved without the nodes."

When trying to test the level afterwards, it works, but has a frickin' lot of HOMs making it unplayable.

Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

By the way:
Configuration is Srb2 2.1, Nodebuilder is Zen Node (Normal) and I have ZDoom's visual mode enabled.
Tyrannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014   #91
Ritz
cornstar

WEE WOO WEE WOO BUG REPORT

Moving textures in GZDoom visual mode (vanilla visual mode won't even start for me- thoughts?) doesn't update the offsets, so no change is made after saving, closing and reloading the map. Only way to alter texture positions right now is to autoalign or manually enter offset values.

Doing all my texturing in GZDoom Builder now, still works there. EDIT: Except saving a map with that messes with the Z-height of every object on the map so a proper fix would be real nice

Last edited by Ritz; 04-24-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014   #92
Torgo
Developer

I don't think Kalaron is even here anymore or he stopped working on srb2 stuff altogether. I don't think a bug report would help (unless someone else wants to update this)

I would like to see a plugin for vanilla DB2 to make z-offsets work and whatnot. I have not been able to get SRB2DB2 to work on my pc, but I am able to get DB2 working just fine.
Old 04-24-2014   #93
Fred
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
I would like to see a plugin for vanilla DB2 to make z-offsets work and whatnot.
This is a good idea and I hope one of our intrepid go-getters gives this a try. It would be pretty cool to have an officially sanctioned map editor that's not an unsupported dead-end branch of an old program for once.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014   #94
Larztard
Yeah...

Sorry for the bump but I had recently switched from SRB2 Doom Builder to Doom Builder 2 and I can't help to ask, where is Move Mode?
Old 06-21-2014   #95
Phil the hegi
Rest in Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larztard View Post
Sorry for the bump but I had recently switched from SRB2 Doom Builder to Doom Builder 2 and I can't help to ask, where is Move Mode?
... I have no clue. I just use zooming in and out to move around...
Old 06-22-2014   #96
MascaraSnake
aka SpiritCrusher

There is no move mode, but you can move around with the arrow keys.
MascaraSnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014   #97
Larztard
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
There is no move mode, but you can move around with the arrow keys.
Thanks SpiritCrusher.
Old 01-06-2015   #98
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

ok I'm getting that stopped working bug again, and the new doombuilder 2 is missing the gzdoombuilder plugin. (it doesn't use it)

I know I had this program working before, I just don't remember what I did to get it working. And yes, I do have the dependancies.
Old 01-09-2015   #99
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
ok I'm getting that stopped working bug again, and the new doombuilder 2 is missing the gzdoombuilder plugin. (it doesn't use it)

I know I had this program working before, I just don't remember what I did to get it working. And yes, I do have the dependancies.
I downloaded Srb2 Doom Builder "2", the first one kinda doesn't works properly.
I donwloaded the second file that Inuyasha posted, the Doom Builder 2 configuration, that one made it work good, if that is your problem, I'll check the other posts and update this comment if something is wrong.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015   #100
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

my problem is it says "Doom builder has stopped working" and doesn't even let me configure it.
Old 01-10-2015   #101
VirtualBlitz546
The infractions whore ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaber View Post
my problem is it says "Doom builder has stopped working" and doesn't even let me configure it.
Can you tell me what OS are you using? I use Windows 7 Professional 32-bit.
You should see if the program is compatible with the build you use.

I think it needs a runtime installation of a library I don't remember the name right now.
If that doesn't works, you can try running it on Administrator. Siply right-click the launcher and select Run as Administrator.
If that still doesn't works, then you should check if you didn't forget something important to make the program work.
If after all that it still doesn't works, then I don't know what your problem could be. Sorry.

Last edited by VirtualBlitz546; 01-10-2015 at 06:35 PM.
VirtualBlitz546 is offline   Reply With Quote