Post your pics/art here!

bloody ponies
I used to volunteer at the local Boys & Girls club, and this one girl would show me her drawings of lots of gory, bloody ponies in her notebook. She must have been in elementary school.

You remind me of her.

i guess i have something too
1796994_576293752474053_7392487650209788035_o.jpg

Pokemon AS Vectorized layout. I did my goal with this!

Pokemon_AS_Layout.png

Wow could you calm down with the use of the word 'Nigga'?*
Also motor you're fucking killing me with hype.

*And stop posting your bad wallpapers, it's irritating.

To avoid a double post:
So, I went back and saw how much trouble Lat' had with drawing Sylveon. I said to myself, "Well, how hard can it be?"
And I have to give it to you, Lat'...
EqaY1Hb.png

It was pretty damn easy. (If you couldn't tell, I didn't try very hard.)

Last edited:
@Icefox:

I'm sorry but the Do you even lift is bullshit. Replace it with:
DO YOU EVEN SPLASH?

Also...
y u hav so much nigga in ur team m9. u need mlg pokemon liek skitty and magikarp. those are tru mlg noscopin poke.

To avoid a double post:
So, I went back and saw how much trouble Lat' had with drawing Sylveon. I said to myself, "Well, how hard can it be?"
And I have to give it to you, Lat'...
EqaY1Hb.png

It was pretty damn easy. (If you couldn't tell, I didn't try very hard.)

OOOOhhhhhh... BUT. You forgot to decrease yourself at my level before drawing this :3 (This would've been much harder.)

Maybe one day I'll be able to dr- no I will always suck at drawing on a comp that's my destiny. (awesome backstory for an oc.)
Also definetly gonna download this and putting this somewhere~

...What? You were excepting me to post another bullshit of mine to laugh at me? Oh sorry. I promise I will TRY to make more bullshit for the next time. (No this WILL be bullshit, like always :3)

@Icefox:

DO YOU EVEN SPLASH?

Also...
y u hav so much nigga in ur team m9. u need mlg pokemon liek skitty and magikarp. those are tru mlg noscopin poke.

2MuchPKMNMLG4Me

that question was an example. (I didn't know another example, so, I put this) >.< X)

Last edited:
@Icefox:

DO YOU EVEN SPLASH?

Also...

OOOOhhhhhh... BUT. You forgot to decrease yourself at my level before drawing this :3 (This would've been much harder.)

Maybe one day I'll be able to dr- no I will always suck at drawing on a comp that's my destiny. (awesome backstory for an oc.)
Also definetly gonna download this and putting this somewhere~

...What? You were excepting me to post another bullshit of mine to laugh at me? Oh sorry. I promise I will TRY to make more bullshit for the next time. (No this WILL be bullshit, like always :3)

To be honest I'm surprised I managed that with a mouse, two line tools and a fill bucket. Very, very surprised.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I'll never be able to sleep again...
Not really.

To be honest I'm surprised I managed that with a mouse, two line tools and a fill bucket. Very, very surprised.

That's the way I drew mine *derp* (Oh btw, Sylveon's "in-ear" is blue, not white)

Anyway, as I said, here is self made shit!
Wait... it's not that shitty actually.

warning: mild gore =P

Nob'dy lik's a squatter, son!

Last edited:
That's the way I drew mine *derp* (Oh btw, Sylveon's "in-ear" is blue, not white)

Anyway, as I said, here is self made shit!
Wait... it's not that shitty actually.

warning: mild gore =P

Nob'dy lik's a squatter, son!

Hohohohoho I know I just forgot to change them because I am equal to bum.

Almost all these posts in the last page gave me cerebral tumors and auxiliary visual impairment, I hope you're happy guys! You've stooped to a new low!

Anyway, time to go back on-topic:

Here's a few PROTIPS by Zipper to help you become a better artist!

tumblr_nlkmobiPPy1skfkgpo1_1280.jpg

1) Always stay close to the reference pose you're making, you'll never lose its prettiness that way!
2) Always make static poses, dynamic poses are too confusing for new players and should be removed. New people will appreciate your absolute immobility and stillness.
3) NEVER give your characters any emotion. Give them a blank smile, eyes that are always fully open, anything you'd see before the anesthesia kicks in. Let the observer set the emotions in themselves.
4) Never change perspective. Who cares what your character looks like from a 45 to 180 degree angle, we won't be able to see their pretty face!
5) Always keep the spine in a straight S shape, bending can give serious back pains in the long run, and you value your character's health don't you?

6)If you took all these steps seriously and thought my art was actually good, congratulations! Go hang yourself!

Interesting... before that my stuff didn't generally attract much attention.

I'll remedy this:

wm8nS6A.jpg

(from left to right: Darth Sion, Darth Traya (or just Kreia), Darth Nihilus)
Here's a (not the best) doodle of Sith Triumvirate from KotOR2. (no, not as ponies if you're too scared to look :|)

Last edited:
@Steelie: I don't give a f- about your drawings being about ponies or not, they're good anyway ;3

I fixed my shit a little, so Zipper will have even more tumors!

The Engineer is no longer having problems with his back and his head.

Now I have a question...
What color is this Engine- Should I hang myself because I liked Zipper's drawing and took what he said seriously?

Blaze with a seriously messed up hand. A doodle I did on break. Also counts as proof that I do draw things WITH noses sometimes.

CAiPsKx.jpg

i drew this without a reference and now i know her jacket robe thing is supposed to be closed up. no wonder i was so confused with that area.

Last edited:
The "gore" in this topic is hilarious in the same way most Rule 34 is. Reminds me of when I drew this character as a teen, who had a dead dolphin nailed to his ceiling. How lucky I am deviantART did not exist at the time, what was wrong with me? Thankfully, I stick to cute stuff nowadays.

Speaking of cute, more shameless plugs from me. A drawing of Carol the Wildcat with hair.

let_your_hair_down__by_mr_glaceon-d8calen.png

.Luke, what software do you use?

To me it seems Illustrator CS6

I'm offended you would guess I use Adobe products, you can't draw decent lines with something that ancient. =P Why else does Lazy Nezumi have to exist?

My deviantART profile is littered with references to Krita. It's a modern, open-source painting program with the smoothest, most advanced and highly tweakable brush engine currently on the scene. I've been using Krita everyday since last year, and never looked back.

Krita's brush engine is so amazing, that for all of the drawings I've posted in this topic, brush smoothing was turned off, and I still got better lines than GIMP or PS can accomplish on their own. My lines are even smoother now that I use the basic real-time smoothing assistant.

The hardware acceleration is also excellently fast on Intel GPUs, (At least on 2.8.3. The devs are still optimizing 2.9.0.) you can rotate the canvas, real-time brush smoothing actually works, customize brushes however you want, and it supports many color models, such as CMYK, or sRBG. There's more to it than that, I could go on for hours.

Their Main Site : https://krita.org/

Speed Paint videos of it by other artists in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93lMLEuxSLk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xlKF6v-fgU

The best part is that development is much faster than GIMP's, since they hold kickstarter campaigns to pay specific programmers full-time for their work on Krita. It's more than a hobbyists and volunteer effort. Game developers, among others, are finding a lot of use for it. Apparently, it's an ideal combo with Blender for 3D art.

Last edited:
@.Luke: Thanks, I'll try it out when I have time.

You seem to have no problem keeping your lines straight, which is why I asked. I use Painttool SAI currently and was looking for something that's easier to do lineart with.

I'm sure Krita will be worth your time when you give it a go. The GUI takes a little getting used to, (Probably from the Photoshop cues it takes here and there.) although I find the workflow much faster than my previously heavily customized GIMP. This is a nice comparison between PS's brush smoothing and Krita's :

krita_photoshop_comparison_by_mr_glaceon-d8mswv3.png

The difference is plainly obvious. Its interface is fairly customizable as well. Here's my current setup, and a part of my latest drawing. Obviously, I wouldn't need as many tabs if I had a bigger monitor.

krita_setup_by_mr_glaceon-d8mswrh.png

Photoshop CS3 and I would like to have a word with you.

But yeah, I like what the software seems to work like, from looking at one of those speedpaint videos, seems like some pretty amazing stuff.

GnU7ZFW.gif

In other news, I'm being slow again.

I should have been more clear; meant something along the lines of not needing to do manual cleanup post-sketch. Had to do that all the time with GIMP, I hated it.

And I can't imagine how fluid all of these animations are going to look in the finished game, seeing these are impressive.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back