This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

AirFox

That Twisted Metal Nerd
This pack contains level ports from different Twisted Metal games from the PS1 era. This level contains 7 battle maps and 1 hell map.

This pack in general is part of a project I am working on that at least one level is from every Twisted Metal game from the PS1.

Currently on hold for now, I am not done with this still and would like to come back to it sometime.

The maps
MAPT0P.png

Tree Top Rumble (Twisted Metal Small Brawl)
Ride on top a Tree House and knock others off of it. "Ride" the trampoline to get to the other side. be careful, however using it too many times might be your downfall.

MAPT1P.png

Calypso's Blimp (Twisted Metal 3)
Ride in a blimp with 2 floors to fight on, Be sure to get enough speed for the ramps or you might fall down!

MAPT2P.png

Construction Yard (Twisted Metal 4)
4 corners of the map to fight in, just be sure to have an item before engaging in the middle.
"Rise above the pain, master the crane!"

MAPT3P.png

The Citadel (Twisted Metal 4)
A bonus level from TM4. Be careful not to fall down the pits.
"You'll find no shelter in this stronghold!"

MAPT4P.png

Son of a Ditch (Twisted Metal 4)
A bonus level from TM4. The platform in the middle falls if you ride on it, careful not to get bounced down there. Acceleration and drifting is key to get out of the pit.
"This place is a downer!"

MAPT5P.png

The Islands (Twisted Metal 4)
A bonus level from TM4. 4 platform areas to fight on, always be on the move, there aren't many item boxes around, so get them before your opponents do.
"This is not a place to vacation with the family!"

MAPT6P.png

Cool Kid's Disco (Twisted Metal 3)
A secret level from TM3. A hell map in this pack. A simple circular level with tons of item boxes around.
"Ricochet Heaven"

MAPT7P.png

New York: The Big Leap (Twisted Metal 2)
Fight on top of the roofs of New York! Be sure to cool off in the pool!
Level thumbnail based on the original level select image from TM2

(Obviously, all these maps are not 1:1 ports, either by accident, or deliberate. These changes are small, but noticeable if you know the originals. As I will try to translate everything as possible that existed from the originals, some things will have to be scrapped to fit kart as best as possible. Playability > Accuracy.)

Changelog
Version 1
-Released
-Construction Yard Changes
-Replaced shatter blocks so items will bounce off of them instead of going through them.

-Tree Top Rumble Changes
-Fix shatter blocks not having/and cutting off sound when hitting them
-Replaced Sigsegv texture
-Added battle plus (Standalone won't have battle plus)

Version 1.1
-General
-Compressed all music tracks to lower the file size a bit. Just so it doesnt get too big later on when I finally add a stage from TM2 and TM1.
-Shortened the name.

-Construction Yard Changes
-Updated building and dirt textures
-Made the breakable crane door one shatter fof instead of two (I have no idea what I was thinking there)

-Calypso's Blimp Changes
-replaced placeholder textures in areas only seen when the camera is out of bounds
-Added invisible walls on 2 ends of the map on the 2nd floor. Just so it bounces you off instead of keeping momentum.
-Made it more consistent to be able to see whats happening if the camera gets behind one of the middle textures on the 2nd floor.

-Deathmatch level Changes
-The Citadel, Son of a Ditch
-Properly aligned the textures in these stages

Version 1.2
-Added Map: New York: The Big Leap from Twisted Metal 2

-Tree Top Rumble
-You will now have invulnerability for a tiny bit after using the trampoline, now trapping others is harder to do.

-Construction Yard
-Modified textures to make them more accurate to the original colors. (Thanks to Superstarxalien for helping me have a better way to import textures)

-Construction Yard, The Citadel
-You will now have invulnerability for a tiny bit after using teleporters

-The Islands
-Its now easier to get to the other areas of the map, just get some speed and drive over the gap.

-Battle Plus
-Removed support for Emerald hunt for every stage except for Cool Kid's Disco due to the maps being very unbalanced for that gamemode. Ring Runners is still supported.

Music Notes
-Almost every piece of the music used is from Twisted Metal.
-Maps from Twisted Metal 3 and Twisted Metal 4 will use music that is from other TM games because the music used in those games (with exception to 3 tracks for TM3) are not made for the game but instead music from several artists like Rob Zombie, Skold, Ghoulspoon ect. So any music from them will not appear here.
-Any music not from any Twisted Metal game will be sourced in this post and the name of the song is in the MUSICDEF lump.

-Cool Kid's Disco music source:Sono Chi no Funky Grove -Zach CG

Known issues
-Tree Top Rumble
People can hit each other if one of the 2 people are holding an item on the trampoline and they collide.
-New York
Due to how the teleporter is made, at rare cases the teleporter will not teleport you even if the sound plays and the teleport grabs you. Out of around 200 times I went through the teleporter, only happened to me about 3 times with no understanding of how to reproduce it.
In OpenGL the teleporter flat textures are not aligned properly due to how slopes are rendered

Thanks again to Supestarxalien for helping me with an alternative way to import textures into the srb2 palette.
All Textures were ripped by me.

Any feedback is nice, it helps me get better at this.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• kart0271.png
    kart0271.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 822
  • kart0270.png
    kart0270.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 815
  • kart0272.png
    kart0272.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 716
  • kart0273.png
    kart0273.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 660
  • kart0274.png
    kart0274.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 796
  • kart0275.png
    kart0275.png
    194 KB · Views: 649
  • kart0276.png
    kart0276.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 626
  • kart0277.png
    kart0277.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 547
  • kart0278.png
    kart0278.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 546
  • kart0279.png
    kart0279.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 451
  • kart0410.png
    kart0410.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 387
  • kart0412.png
    kart0412.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 463
  • kart0413.png
    kart0413.png
    206 KB · Views: 445
  • kart0414.png
    kart0414.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 389
  • kart0415.png
    kart0415.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 304
  • kart0416.png
    kart0416.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 372
Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't played them yet (I don't do Battle mode much), but Tree Top Rumble has a lot of nice detail and Construction Yard certainly brings some hazy memories of TW back. Good looking arenas :)

I've updated the pack with a new map plus some updates to other maps! Check it out on the changelog.

AirFox updated Twisted Metal Pack with a new update entry:

TMPack 1.3 (The Thank you Srb2Kart update)

For the SRB2Kart 1.5 update as it fixed a bug that broke some of the maps. This is also an QoL Update for the map Construction Yard.

Tree Top Rumble
-Fixed Zoom Tubes launching you too far in the newest Kart update (This also makes older versions of Kart incompatible)
-Made some FOFs middle textures instead. (I was dumb okay?)

Construction Yard
-Made some jumps easier, so you cant undershoot them
-Also made the teleport building on the southwest side easier to get on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back