Mobian Sport Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErickTH

Locked User
Hello, this is my first stage based on something i am making, which is a giant stadium with various sport-like stages/rooms, which can be played on multiplayer.

For the moment, I'll be showing parts of the complete stage, and finally i'll show you the complete stage, with all the rooms.

Right now, i did a Box Ring.

attachment.php

Here's there players 1, 2, 3 and 4 spawn, each on a different corner. Other players will spawn at other places.

attachment.php

This is the center of the room. Here's where most of the action is originally meant to happen. Emeralds spawn at some places.

attachment.php

There are rings at each side of the ring. There are also some Super Ring monitors, and 4 different weapons available to use.

I am thinking of making an update of this, with different textures and other things maybe, but for now, you have this.

Version 1.1
-It now replaces Map 90 (Jade Valley) and the next level is Map 91 (Noxious Factory).
-You now bounce off the ropes.
-Deathmatch Starts added.

Suggestions for sports i should add here are accepted :)

To do:

-Hockey
-Soccer
-Baseball
-Basquetball
-Tennis
-Football

Enjoy.

Attachments

• boxring1.PNG
    boxring1.PNG
    45 KB · Views: 2,127
  • boxring3.PNG
    boxring3.PNG
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,169
  • boxring4.PNG
    boxring4.PNG
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,118
  • boxring.rar
    13.4 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Hey, Erick, mind if I use that boxing ring for my Returner Stadium wad? I wanted to put a wrestling ring in it, and I think this ring you made might suit it just fine.

American Football, Hockey, Baseball, Basket Ball.

Don't forget about Soccer B]

Hey, Erick, mind if I use that boxing ring for my Returner Stadium wad? I wanted to put a wrestling ring in it, and I think this ring you made might suit it just fine.

Sure, but a wrestling ring is kinda different, both where the action happens, and where it doesn't (or may). I'd suggest that you modify the stage accordingly to fit the look of an actual wrestling ring, or it'll be a copy-paste.

American Football, Hockey, Baseball, Basket Ball.
I don't think any of those would translate into an SRB2 stage as well as a boxing ring.

You know what would be cool? If this boxing ring had Instant Kill effect outside the ring, then you SOC'd weapons that serve the sole purpose of knocking your opponents back a bit. Or you could just add in preexisting weapons with high knockback, like Explosion or Scatter.

Hey, I like this. Add people or players into the crowd or something. AKA people watching you.

Hey, can you add push objects on the ropes? It will be more real, the player is pushed alway when he touches the ropes, like a real boxing ring.

You know what would be cool? If this boxing ring had Instant Kill effect outside the ring, then you SOC'd weapons that serve the sole purpose of knocking your opponents back a bit. Or you could just add in preexisting weapons with high knockback, like Explosion or Scatter.

This is what could be a problem:
1.- If new weapons were to be added, they would have a EXTREMELY short range, and low knockback effect. It's a close combat ring after all.
2.- If spawn points were to be inside the ring, the maximum would be limited to 4, and that could be a bit boring and/or frustrating due to the lack of space.
3.- I think this is more of a wrestling ring, since wrestlers can go in and out the ring unlike boxers.

Hey, can you add push objects on the ropes? It will be more real, the player is pushed away when he touches the ropes, like a real boxing ring.

I knew i was forgetting something!

I've found a few problems.

1. Deathmatch starts
  2. Knuckles can't jump high enough to grab the emeralds over the ropes.
  3. Bounce and Grenade rings aren't on this map.
  4. Replaces Meadow Match, and proceeds to GFZ2. Not really a problem, but it isn't that hard to just add it to the rotation at mapA0

Don't forget Paintball, it counts as a sport, and the colleseum where gladiators fight might be another suggestion.

Did not play through this yet, but judging by the screenshot you might want to put the emeralds that are in or above the ring in other places where the player would have to work in order to get them.

EDIT:: Played through it and it is a pretty small level, already know it is not completed yet. A suggestion would be to make an outside area where players would have to look for the weapon panels instead of racing for each item and to also make more space for the players to fight because 12 players could be pushing it in this map.

Just in case if the level gets too large and it starts lagging from all the sport areas, I highly suggest making the other sport areas as different levels only if it does lag alot.

Another suggestion would be ice skating.

Last edited:
Hey, I like this. Add people or players into the crowd or something. AKA people watching you.

Spectators.

I've found a few problems.

1. Deathmatch starts

I don't see any problem with this.

2. Knuckles can't jump high enough to grab the emeralds over the ropes.

Climb. That's what i've always done. Or use the springs. Anyways, if someone else complains about this i'll fix this.

3. Bounce and Grenade rings aren't on this map.

I am aware of this. I felt like Bounce and Grenade aren't that useful in this stage, so i cut them off.

4.Replaces Meadow Match, and proceeds to GFZ2. Not really a problem, but it isn't that hard to just add it to the rotation at mapA0

Will fix that in the update.

Don't forget Paintball, it counts as a sport, and the colleseum where gladiators fight might be another suggestion.

Will do. I am worried however about the ring weapons, since in paint ball, the only ones that could fit would be the Red Ring, Bounce Ring, and Rail Ring.

A suggestion would be to make an outside area where players would have to look for the weapon panels instead of racing for each item and to also make more space for the players to fight because 12 players could be pushing it in this map.

Really? I thought it was big enough and it was originally smaller and with less players. But i guess you're right. I'll see what i can do.

Just in case if the level gets too large and it starts lagging from all the sport areas, I highly suggest making the other sport areas as different levels only if it does lag alot.

That's what i have in mind. Each room will be slightly different in the combined version.

Another suggestion would be ice skating.

Ice Hockey.

Sooo wait I dont get it still, its SOME sport-like games in 1 map or a map for each in the list? I guess its 1 for each since all of the emeralds spawn in the boxing ring, or your'e going to change it once you add something?

Sooo wait I dont get it still, its SOME sport-like games in 1 map or a map for each in the list? I guess its 1 for each since all of the emeralds spawn in the boxing ring, or your'e going to change it once you add something?

It's BOTH one map for each room and 1 map for all the rooms, but these will be modified depending if they're a single map or the whole large map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back