Things on my map cannot be touched

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvaderKap

I'm making a level. On this level, there are things (duh). I started testing the level and the player thing cannot interact with the other things. I thought it had something to do with the flags, but it apparently doesn't. I've tried playing other levels, but when I did so, the effect was no longer present, ergo proving that the effect is due to an asset of the level in question. Can someone please tell me what this asset most likely is?

Check the walls. See if you can run through them. this'll give us a good Idea of what's the error.

Thank you. The walls can be run through. They are still solid, but they can be run through (much like the front side of a linedef).
EDIT: It is now clear to me that whatever the problem is, it has something to do with either the sector it occurs in or the linedefs related to said sector. I tested the map again and found that entering the next area fixes the problem, but re-entering the problematic area causes the problem again.

You could have passed the blockmap, this happened to me as well, move the entire level to the center of srb2 doombuilder.

Size issues definitely. You might try checking if your level is inside the Big Red Line. I've also heard some things about your level having to be able to fit inside a certain size box, which might be what people are talking about with the BLOCKMAP thing.

Either way, try to get rid of those big, open spaces.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the blockmap thing didn't work. It seems that all of the sectors that were copied, pasted, and modified from a particular different sector are effected, but none of the other ones are, ergo it is definitely not a size issue. But once again, thanks for the suggestion.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
BZ4, the big red line defines a 65536x65536 area. The level needs to be within a 32768x32768 area.

No it doesn't. It defines a 32768x32768 area, according to SRB2 Doom Builder which I'm using right now...

No, SonicMaster is right. 65536x65536 is the biggest possible area, and it's what SRB2DB displays with the red lines.
32768x32768 is the BLOCKMAP limit, which was removed in 1.1, as I recall, and it's "defined" in SRB2DB by the center X and Y lines along the grid, kinda/sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back