LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep at it JTE. With enough persistence, you can do just about anything with SRB2. The bots SRB2 that got prematurely released to the forums was proof to both Mystic and SSNTails that bots could be done right. I would love to see more of the bots and your SRB2JTE (I loved SPMoves, still play it even though I have 1.09 now. ^_^) and you're most definately the best SRB2 modder here, even past, dare I say it, Mystic.

Thanks for pumping my already-too-massive ego. :roll: SSNTails didn't seem too satisfied with my bots and their dumb behavior, even though I've clearly made them go beyond what Sonic 3's Tails did, everyone wants more... They want my bots to be better, smarter, to the point where you could go into time-only race mode using Sonic and a Tails bot can beat you because it perfectly executed a string of bounces from crawlas to get to some shortcut over the top of GFZ2 faster then is possible any other way... Then they want me to put them in Match mode, predicting your every move and blasting you repeatedly, so you're too busy struggling to hold on to your one ring to shoot back...

Anyway... Now that I have Chaos Control-ing Hyper Shadow bots and the Dark World, I suppose I could release my stuff here 'officially'... :? I wanted to have PSO mode at least to the point of where it was in SPMoves, though...

Can any of you mappers make a map designed to use the Dark World system for something cooperative?...
The "Dark World" is just a copy of the map on the opposite side of point 0,0 (which is clearly marked in XWE and WadAuthor) that is rotated 180 degrees and modified as you see fit. You can remove things that you want to be only in the light world, add things that you want to be only in the dark world, etc.
So you can make a switch in a cave that only exists in the dark world to open a door in the light world that leads to a switch that opens a door in the dark world ... Or something.

Jason the Echidna said:
Thanks for pumping my already-too-massive ego. :roll: SSNTails didn't seem too satisfied with my bots and their dumb behavior, even though I've clearly made them go beyond what Sonic 3's Tails did, everyone wants more...

The reason is, because if STJr added bots, people would be asking them to do everything... especially match mode.

There's also a lot of conditions that a bot needs to be able to handle... remember that one match map with the DSZ textures and a large part of it was a sky pit? A bot wouldn't be able to play a map like that unless it's pretty smart at figuring out where it can go.

Match is made for multiplayer meelee, not bot meelees. But SSNTails is right when he said that they're dumb when it comes to the level he was talking about.

I think just having a Sonic and Tails mode would satify a lot of old-school Sonic fans. Although it would be great to have multiplayer bots (Some people can't netgame or find anyone to netgame with) it's just a dream, it will likely never be reality. I'm happy with single player bots for now.

Yes, I know there are a lot of people who want bots to work in match mode, you can't imagine how many people have asked me. But I don't want them to function on their own outside of special stages (Which they still suck at, by the way) ... Can't you just add a new thing to the character select menu that allows you to put a character on the menu with a skin and automaticly add a bot using a second skin that is specified seperately and pretend it's not a real "bot"?...

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Hey man, if you hate people wanting to add stuff to your mods, imagine him, and his huge n00b moves list.
Who was this directed at, again?... And who has a "huge n00b moves list"?...

Chaos Zero 64 said:
You wanting to let SSNTails add the bots to SRB2. And he has the huge n00b list from people wanting loops and slopes.

HEY!
Some of my ideas are SOMEWHAT sensable!

*Kroze goes back to making suggestions to add to the already huge list*

Hey, I was half-expecting the slopes to be in there when he posted that picture of the test level with them... I'd still kinda like to see them, even if they're OpenGL-only (no real biggie on my end), are as slow as I hear they are, and you have to modify (and then recompile) the source code to actually see them in action.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
You wanting to let SSNTails add the bots to SRB2. And he has the huge n00b list from people wanting loops and slopes.
But those people don't program the loops and slopes themselves in a manner that would be as easy as searching for "JTEBOTS" and moving the code from my exe to SSNTails' code to add >_>' Heck, I even put most of it in four files seperated from the rest of the code, so there's less outside stuff to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back