LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a lock.

Hovewer, STJr made a good trap for cheaters... Prior to 1.09, fishbake gives you a Chaos Emerald, instead...

Actually, that's a feature. If you get all seven emeralds, it saves that to your game in 1.09. If you FISHBAKE, you can wipe only the emeralds, and henceforth play the special stages again without wiping your save data.

You're sounding like Sony. "It's not a piece of crap, it's a feature!"
And besides, "resetemeralds" feels more mature to use. Or something. Either way, having them both seems redundant.

Red XVI's new cameo is funny. And awefully well hidden in the code for such a ... Well, I don't know WHAT you'd call it, actually... But it was bound to happen... I was gonna do something similer in SPMoves. Too bad. :(

Everything mislabeled and coded in simple hexadecimal bytes... Took me quite a while to even care where it came from or what it did. But hey, now I know how to do a lot more things, actually... SRB2JTE may indeed turn into another, even greater, SPMoves... ... ... I sure hope not.

Yes, yes, every idea you have concerning my bots has already been thrown at me. SRB2 Heroes, Sonic Advance 3 SRB2, Sonic Robo Blast 2: Battle, etc.
I will make what I want, though, which may or may not include any ideas you give me. I will make what I feel would be most fun for me to make most of the time, and if not, what would be most fun to play with. Just don't repeatedly ask for bots you can fight against, because it's starting to make me sick.
But of course, why do you suppose I made Sonic Heroes-style "flying chains", hmm? And I can easily readjust bots so they are trying to be in a certain spot depending on what "formation" you're in...

*Kroze throws an idea at JTE and it hits him in the back of the head, knocking him out so SRB2JTE won't be finished in the near future.. much like SPMoves*

Oops...

The fact that your mod is so well-known should be considered an accomplishment. You may believe that it's a shabby piece of work, but a great deal of people seem to like it, so you obviously did something right.

Yeah, but it sucks that I don't know what it is that I did right to begin with so I could replicate it in a million ways. I believe that it was mostly the cool special moves you could use, which was the whole point of the thing. People have been wanting to see Chaos Control return for SRB2JTE and ask about such things quite a bit.

But I have something different (and even more extreme and doomed to failure) I'd like to try next... I spilled my heart out to Blaze earlier about this, and I doubt even SSNTails and I combined would have the skill to pull it off, but I'll try (alone) anyway... :roll:

I will make an ultimate racing competition.
Modifications to both SRB2 and the master server, adding and removing tons of things, including the removal of all netgame console variables and commands and their menu options. A wad which will contain very many maps and lots of music and sprites and voice samples of me, which will be released a few days before the contest due to size, the maps offset in a way that makes them only readable by my modified exe (My, SSNTails, you sure showed me a good way of doing that. :P) so you cannot practice on them or know the least bit about what they are like. Custom enemys for every map and possibly any new textures someone decides to submit along with any of my own creations ... map-based cutscenes coded in, master server automaticly setting up the races based on people who are hosting and people who are set to be joining... It would be so godly wonderful and somewhat fun for me to make... The only thing that worrys me, honestly, is what brutal things I'd need to do to the master server in order to make it work... I mean, it'd be keeping track of all the winners of the various netgames and all the players and connecting them to eachother...

But then, this is just a great dream of mine, and an even more insane one then what I may be able to manage, so who knows... It will probably just fade away, nagging at me to make it but I will be unable to...

Jason the Echidna said:
Yeah, but it sucks that I don't know what it is that I did right to begin with so I could replicate it in a million ways. I believe that it was mostly the cool special moves you could use, which was the whole point of the thing. People have been wanting to see Chaos Control return for SRB2JTE and ask about such things quite a bit.

But I have something different (and even more extreme and doomed to failure) I'd like to try next... I spilled my heart out to Blaze earlier about this, and I doubt even SSNTails and I combined would have the skill to pull it off, but I'll try (alone) anyway... :roll:

I will make an ultimate racing competition.
Modifications to both SRB2 and the master server, adding and removing tons of things, including the removal of all netgame console variables and commands and their menu options. A wad which will contain very many maps and lots of music and sprites and voice samples of me, which will be released a few days before the contest due to size, the maps offset in a way that makes them only readable by my modified exe (My, SSNTails, you sure showed me a good way of doing that. :P) so you cannot practice on them or know the least bit about what they are like. Custom enemys for every map and possibly any new textures someone decides to submit along with any of my own creations ... map-based cutscenes coded in, master server automaticly setting up the races based on people who are hosting and people who are set to be joining... It would be so godly wonderful and somewhat fun for me to make... The only thing that worrys me, honestly, is what brutal things I'd need to do to the master server in order to make it work... I mean, it'd be keeping track of all the winners of the various netgames and all the players and connecting them to eachother...

But then, this is just a great dream of mine, and an even more insane one then what I may be able to manage, so who knows... It will probably just fade away, nagging at me to make it but I will be unable to...

Wow...
Very instresting idea....
But first PLEASE DEAR GOD make the Dark World System work in 1.09 and maps that use it...
And while your at it give me SRB2 Universe 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8....
I also what a pony and a stuffed SRB2MS so that I can dropkick him across the room whenever I get mad....
Also if there is time left over, make me some Pie too...
But make sure the Pie is EVIL
I will not eat it unless the Pie is Evil....
That is all,
Good day!

Yes, I will definately be porting the Dark World system into SRB2JTE at the very least. I've been thinking about extending it, though, possibly making it switch palettes and certain sprites depending on which world you're in... And if I can't make the sprites switch somehow, I will probably just make simple new ones based on the ones they represent (Like how Mario stuff has both an Overworld Goomba and a Blue Goomba. Except mine won't be a simple color change, as that will be part of the palette change. :\) ... ... ... As for maps that use them, I'll leave that to all you creative folk out there. Except I may make new versions of GFZ through CEZ that have dark worlds in them or something... ... ... Hehe, Dark World CEZ2?...

Dark World ported. Chaos Control ported. PSO mode ('SRB2 Universe') port in the works (And being updated a whole lot along the way! ^_^)
And I'm trying to make players able to be on seperate maps.
I'm pretty sure I can do it, but ... When players change maps, it will desynch and consistency fail all over the place because the host wasn't keeping track of anything outside of their map... And I don't know of any way around this except to either somehow add everything that's going on in all maps to $$$.sav and re-send it to everyone every time someone changes maps (Thus making everything reset to the state it was in the last time the host was in that map) ... Or simply reset the map every time a new person enters. Both ways would be rather dumb, but I really need to make players in multiple maps... Re-tagging every single thing in a map to make a dark world version of it or to link several maps together for SRB2 Universe is getting exhausting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back