Analog Control doesn't work in multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

r543

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the analog control doesn't work in multiplayer. Co-op/Race isn't much different from singleplayer, but it doesn't work there.

Yes. In analog mode, the direction you move in depends on what way the camera is facing. So, for example, if you press forward, then Sonic will move up, even if he's currently facing right. Your personal camera position is not sent to the server when you play online, so that makes it impossible for the server to tell where you are in analog mode.

If that were the case then netplay wouldn't work, period. Which way you move forward depends on which way your camera is facing, and where your ring is thrown depends on where your camera is aiming.

No it doesn't, it depends on where YOU'RE aiming. You can play the entire game with a cam_rotate of 90 and the game doesn't care, up is forward, not "away from the screen".

Analog controls are relative to the camera. The standard chasecam controls are not. The camera is not telegraphed whatsoever in netplay, so directionals can't possibly function.

Unless you really want WORSE netplay issues because of needing to tell the server where the camera is at all times for each player, this is not something that matters.

It never has.
Ok, I'm guessing that this can be locked or removed ?

Offtopic:
How long does my ban on srb2fun last ?(I got banned because I wanted to have demo 4 knuckles in the releases, and no, I didn't ask for a ban, I wanted to stop the posts about it.) Or is the ban forever ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back