Creating a "ball" object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars

I would like to create an object,that acts like a ball.
If a player runs against this object,it moves forward for a short distance.
If a player uses the spin attack,it will fly high and far,
depending on the players speed.
The object should bounce against everything.
That means,if the object hits a wall, the floor, the ceiling or a player,
it will fly back.
Is it possible to create an object like this?
I would be happy,if someone answers my question.
And I would like to say,that I am not asking for someone,
who is making this for me,I just want to know,
if it is possible to make.
Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me.

MF_BOUNCY should work for your bouncing needs. Try MF_PUSHABLE for the walk into it, it moves action. I'm not sure about spindashing, though. You might be able to do something by combining MF_SHOOTABLE, an extra freeslot, and A_BunnyHop, but never experimenting with this before, I can't say for sure.

Ok,I tried my best.
It works fine,it doesn´t work like i wanted it,
but it works.
Thanks for your help.
May I ask,how to edit an object,so it works like a blue and a red flag?
Or is there a way to let an object interact with a special sector,
if the ball is in the sector(goal) of the blue team,
the red team scores,but if the same object lands on the sector(goal) of the red team the blue team scores?
I hope someone knows,how to do it.

MF_BOUNCE will allow it to bounce off of objects and walls, but not floors and ceilings. Combining MF_BOUNCE with MF_MISSILE and MF_PUSHABLE will sorta get you a ball. It would be destroyed if it hit the ground however. Though perhaps you could use that to your advantage, to spawn a second kind of ball during it's deathstate, which would be identical, other than launching itself upwards on spawn. Creating the illusion of the ability to bounce off of floors. Though it would get stuck on the ceiling, so probably just a little A_BunnyHop, which only functions when the object is on the ground, resolving that issue as well.

After all this though, I don't think you could really slip in the ability to go flying further when hit by spindash.

Editing with information on the previous post, please wait...

Editing done!

Using the technique I mentioned earlier in this post, the object should be able to set off pushable object Linedef Executors. So set the Red Team Goal to do whatever it is you could do to represent the Red Team scoring, and the Blue Team Goal to do whatever for the Blue Team. In that regard I'm afraid I don't know that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back