House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Was not expecting that at all- I've never played this before, either.

Everything was well done. I don't even want to describe it, as that might spoil it. Just know that every artistic decision you made was perfectly executed. It's a 10/10 from me. Thoroughly twists your senses and the ominous foreboding keeps you alert without ever taking advantage of you and outright scaring you.

And seeing as I decided to get the hell out of there when I had the choice, a different ending compels me to play again and see something new.

Wow, I really had to make a spanish version of this to show it to my friends, they say it's really creepy and that you did an amazing work, they liked the part of the hallway and the transparent walls, also i can say that this can be greatelyimproved, ther should be some more details like extra portraits or more wall styles. Good job in this and can't wait for the next update! :D

This wad... I love this wad. It's not like other SRB2 wads, where you do platforming and stuff. But that's GOOD. It's such a fresh and unique experience. Also a very CREEPY experience. I loved this so much.

Fantastic level you got here! It would be great if more people made unique stuff like you have. Ciao~

This is amazing. This actually might be one of my favorite wads of all time. My only complaint is the length.. I truly want to see more of this, it told a great story, had amazing level design and gimmicks, and managed to be very creepy, for a Srb2 mod.
9/10, and I hope to see an entire levelpack with this theme, though with the amount of thought and detail this level had, that would take a long time to make.

So, I ddn't want to post my reviews since the lost post was from 3 weeks ago, but since it is bumped...

I really liked this level, it was a bit confusing, the first wall you can get trough maked me feel weird, everytime I changed direction, the other side changed and then the floor disapeared, really good.

My only problem with this level is maybe the non existant decorations.

*makes a whimper and curls up in a ball*

This was not what I was expecting... ;_; I was looking for some "hub world/hangout" level wad (just for kicks before going to sleep) that I thought was also called house and...

And instead I get an incredibly atmospheric and genuinely disturbing experience. And it was AWESOME.

As a writer at heart, I commend you on a job done well. The only time I was ever really stuck was on that staircase bit where you need to turn back around. Aside from that, completely brilliant.

I'm telling you, after the mirror crumbling bit, seeing the note "WE WATCH FROM THE WALLS" and then me coming back up to see the gargoyle near the stairs vanish...I literally had to pause the game and take a good minute or two to just breathe in and calm down. It was also that point where I said to myself "if he has the level do the Brak Eggman laugh at any point, I am going to *expletive* myself".

I thank you for not resorting to a cheap jump scare anywhere, All the "scares" were subtle and well done (falling through the carpet, the floor disappearing, the mirror, etc) enough that it ratcheted up the tension without being surprising enough to make me scream/yelp and be a jump scare.

This ends up working out the level's benefit, as when it reaches its crescendo behind the walls and you have the choice to flee, doing so provides a truly palpable feeling of relief, since the tension has just been building and building with no release.

...Both endings were incredible, by the way.

The first time, as soon as I saw the outdoors again, I "nope"d harder than I've ever nope'd before, charged up a spindash and got the hell out of there with all haste possible. *shudder*

The ending where you stay...that was powerful as hell too. That moment where you go back into the dining room...FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR was a fantastic use of level design as narrative device. The sudden cut to black was well done too.

If you say you're making an even better version of this, my hat is off to you. Because this was incredible.

5 stars. Masterful work. It's no "the Witch's house", but even so, I can't help but be impressed.

Now I need to go play the vanilla game for a while because I'm still freaked out and am in no state to sleep. It's 1 AM right now. Thank you (genuinely) for ruining a night's worth of sleep for me XD. (I do not do well with horror games. At all. ;_;)

Last edited:
*makes a whimper and curls up in a ball*

This was not what I was expecting... ;_; I was looking for some "hub world/hangout" level wad (just for kicks before going to sleep) that I thought was also called house and...

And instead I get an incredibly atmospheric and genuinely disturbing experience. And it was AWESOME.

As a writer at heart, I commend you on a job done well. The only time I was ever really stuck was on that staircase bit where you need to turn back around. Aside from that, completely brilliant.

I'm telling you, after the mirror crumbling bit, seeing the note "WE WATCH FROM THE WALLS" and then me coming back up to see the gargoyle near the stairs vanish...I literally had to pause the game and take a good minute or two to just breathe in and calm down. It was also that point where I said to myself "if he has the level do the Brak Eggman laugh at any point, I am going to *expletive* myself".

I thank you for not resorting to a cheap jump scare anywhere, All the "scares" were subtle and well done (falling through the carpet, the floor disappearing, the mirror, etc) enough that it ratcheted up the tension without being surprising enough to make me scream/yelp and be a jump scare.

This ends up working out the level's benefit, as when it reaches its crescendo behind the walls and you have the choice to flee, doing so provides a truly palpable feeling of relief, since the tension has just been building and building with no release.

...Both endings were incredible, by the way.

The first time, as soon as I saw the outdoors again, I "nope"d harder than I've ever nope'd before, charged up a spindash and got the hell out of there with all haste possible. *shudder*

The ending where you stay...that was powerful as hell too. That moment where you go back into the dining room...FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MIRROR was a fantastic use of level design as narrative device. The sudden cut to black was well done too.

If you say you're making an even better version of this, my hat is off to you. Because this was incredible.

5 stars. Masterful work. It's no "the Witch's house", but even so, I can't help but be impressed.

Now I need to go play the vanilla game for a while because I'm still freaked out and am in no state to sleep. It's 1 AM right now. Thank you (genuinely) for ruining a night's worth of sleep for me XD. (I do not do well with horror games. At all. ;_;)

I am totally playing this at 1AM.
And completely off topic here, someone needs to port or remake that house13-b wad.

...I already saved them, and... Goes nothing!
OFF-TOPIC-LEVELS: I always wanted to see Ashura the Hedgehog (Yup, that glitch from Sonic 2) like a playable character for SRB2. Completely revamped, new sprites, and... I just dunno, it was an idea i had. Just ignore this. :/

^ What do those posts have to do with the topic at hand? At all? This is about that epic map, s_House, not that dumb green Sonic crap, nor house13... ¬¬

---

Also I hope this wad gets an update, it really is a fun mod to play first time. Not going to lie, I was stumped at how everything kept changing. :P I think you made a smashing piece of work.

Anyway, a LEVEL OF HORROR-GODS! Really, i agree with Aegix, this was a Master-Piece. Seriously, i just don't know of where did you take the idea, but I really, REALLY liked this level. (For being a 2.0 port, anyway)
5 Stars, that's all. The tension was... Too much for me, but i already finished the level, and, really, i was totally freaked out when the game closed up itself, thinking like an ass-hole that my Netbook was freaked too. Really, if anyone does a creepypasta from Sonic, and especially, this game, this level has to be his hellfucking base.
And when i was in the part of the outdoors again, i just looked to the inside of the hall, and that Gargoyle... just scared me like nothing did. Really, after playing this, i just wanna do this:

1st: Change the WAD name to: CreepHouse.
2nd: Write a creepypasta of this.
3rd: Play it again, and get used to the map, for no more freaking.
4th: Rate 5 stars.

Wohohow! I Loooooooooved this wad! (Though got scared...) You could write a story how that all happened! Seriously...

First of all, The Gargoyles:
-Why these? Like; why didn't you put instead souls?
-Behind the walls? Funny...
-They are good; very good haunters! (if that is how you say it...)

Second, The House itself:
-It looks small at one view but is HUGE from inside!
-It looks it has very good owners!
-Perfect to haunt!

Third, The whole level:

-Geez! It is scary! How didn't i jump?
-Infinite looping and HUGE maze? Awsome!
-Scarier when it is dark, thank you.

Fourth, and finally, The Endings:

-Glad to help you gargoyles! Your Second Chance!(Gosh! Trading Souls? D:)
-Sorry but nope!(Seriously? Poor Gargoyles!) I'm not a ghost!
-Kind and Fair endings, loved both, but CLOSES THE GAME? :D (D:)

Needless to say, this WAD is brilliant. It didn't take me long to pick up on the creepy feel of it, and was a bit worried there'd be a screamer or something, but I'm happy to know there wasn't.

The storytelling is done really well, and I did spend like ten minutes on it the first time, as it really screws with your mind. The closing the game at the end was a nice touch too. Either way, this was an awesome WAD to play.

It's a very fun level however I wish it was longer and more suitable for split screen multiplayer...

... Derp

I loved this maaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.
The two different endings both warmed me inside a little bit.
The ending where they thank you,
The ending where they are fine with you not wanting too.
GOD THIS MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.
THE FEELS.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

This maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW TOOOOOOOOOOO STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP DOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIING THIIIIIIIIIIIIIS...
OK, I'm good now.
The feel of dis map though. ;^;

A bug?

I seem to be encountering a problem. At the part where you push the gargoyle through the window/mirror, the mirror does not break like in the youtube videos I looked up. It may be a bug w/ 2.1.12, as someone in the comments of one of the videos said that the same thing was happening to him and he was also in 2.1.12. I would love to play through this level, as several people praised it highly.

I seem to be encountering a problem. At the part where you push the gargoyle through the window/mirror, the mirror does not break like in the youtube videos I looked up. It may be a bug w/ 2.1.12, as someone in the comments of one of the videos said that the same thing was happening to him and he was also in 2.1.12. I would love to play through this level, as several people praised it highly.

I don't remember there ever being an instance where you push a gargoyle through a mirror. Are you sure you aren't talking about where you have to put the gargoyle on the switch for the mirror to shatter?

Linedef 409 (Change Tagged Sector's Tag) was changed in how it functioned at some point, there's a new version in the OP that should hopefully fix this.

This wad has been giving me issues all night, so please let me know if there's something else wrong.

Last edited:
ea2jmuA.gif

What's with these SOC warnings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back