• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

scrmt_sonicnoname.wad Unnamed Sonic Wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spongecar

WishI had a better internet
Ever since my original mod (Sonic Smackdown) was corrupted I went off modding for a while. Now I've decided to try again. In this new mod I hope to create brand new Single Player zones & new Match zones
Some sound effects & some of the game's soundtrack is being replaced in this mod.

Screenshots:

srb20015.png
Twilight Valley Zone 1
srb20012.png
Twilight Valley Zone 3 (Outdated)
srb20016.png
Torched City Zone (Outdated)
srb20038.png
Scourge.wad being used in Robotnik Ruins Zone Act 1
srb20033.png
Zero Ring 2.0 Zone
srb20034.png
Recognize this little dude?

Confirmed Zones:

Twilight Valley Zone
Robotnik Ruins Zone
Unnamed Crisis City Like Level
Unnamed Snowy Mountain Level (One Act)
Snow Fort Zone (Two Act)

Last edited:
Hmm... Is that the pipe texture on the walls? Whatever it is, it looks horrid.

Besides that, the levels look boring and like they're filled with wide open spaces of nothing in particular. And are those fish seriously jumping in air?

lol I also just noticed the flowers growing, or should I say wilting, underwater. You really should take them out, or replace them with seaweed or something.

Lastly, Im not sure what it is, but the textures open your walls and floor look extremely wierd, are they unaligned from each other or something?

Don't get all discouraged by this criticism, it's just that... From the screenshots at least, its just the same problems that every noob map maker has. :D

Oh God, please do not keep the name "Mystic Realm" for that special stage.

It looks pretty interesting and nice looking to me, but the flowers in the water are wierd. And I doubt bamboo works as land to walk on(the boss picture).

Twilight Valley is a cool name.

Twilight Valley looks like it has no gimmicks, it looks actually pretty much like GFZ1= Springs, (YES I KNOW GFZ1 HAZ NO SPRINGZ) a bit of spikes scattered, bridges, water, enemies... Nothing special. Well, if it's sepuse to be the first zone, then I pretty much understand why it's like that, but still it kind of bugs me...
If you could tell us about the single player/multiplayer stages and/or theyre storyline, I could give a name suggestion.

Twilight Valley looks like it has no gimmicks, it looks actually pretty much like GFZ1= Springs, (YES I KNOW GFZ1 HAZ NO SPRINGZ) a bit of spikes scattered, bridges, water, enemies... Nothing special. Well, if it's sepuse to be the first zone, then I pretty much understand why it's like that, but still it kind of bugs me...
If you could tell us about the single player/multiplayer stages and/or theyre storyline, I could give a name suggestion.

Actually, GreenFlower Zone Act 1 has some springs. I'd add screenshots of them, but I can't run SRB2 right now.. I may try that when I can play. :P

Actually, GreenFlower Zone Act 1 has some springs. I'd add screenshots of them, but I can't run SRB2 right now.. I may try that when I can play. :P
It only has about 3, one on the corner of a road that leads to a Attraction Shield, one in the cavern in the start of the stage (underwater) and one near the Knuckles Emblem. Though theyre not a must use to finish the stage. That's kinda what I meant.

It only has about 3, one on the corner of a road that leads to a Attraction Shield, one in the cavern in the start of the stage (underwater) and one near the Knuckles Emblem. Though theyre not a must use to finish the stage. That's kinda what I meant.
Oh.
Also the one near the end of the level in that underwater area. :P
Anyway, back on topic, I would try the level pack, but SRB2 isn't working for me at this moment. I will once I can play again.

This looks so fucking awful. The texture choice is ABYSMAL and is complete hell on the eyes, the stage design appears flat and completely amateurish, and god knows why you're lifting a zone/level pack name from an infinitely better piece of work for a chinsy looking special stage.

This looks so fucking awful. The texture choice is ABYSMAL and is complete hell on the eyes, the stage design appears flat and completely amateurish, and god knows why you're lifting a zone/level pack name from an infinitely better piece of work for a chinsy looking special stage.

^That was a prime example of mature criticism.

SpongeCar, is there a particular reason you're not releasing a download of a WIP? I can help you most if I can actually play your levels.

Nice use of Skylights' custom Angel Island sprites as textures, I surely haven't seen those used before. *coughsarcasmcough*

But seriously, sprite rips + textures = DO NOT MIX. And as for the level design, it looks kind of cramped in some areas, and when it isn't, there's not very many obstacles. In the third screenshot, you put WAY too many enemies, and because they're the Stupid Unnamed Dumb Robo fish, all they do is jump up and down, and don't get in your way.

Although I do see you understand FOF's, that's a start. The map needs to be a tiny bit more non-linear, and needs to look appealing.

But seriously, sprite rips + textures = DO NOT MIX.

Even I agree that the custom Angel Island textures are hard on the eye. So I changed them. I'll upload a snapshot soon.

SpongeCar, is there a particular reason you're not releasing a download of a WIP? I can help you most if I can actually play your levels.

The pack is way too early in development to have a beta download at the moment. Maybe when I finish the 2nd zone. Robotnik Ruins Zone.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Only 3 single player stages are confirmed. Twilight Valley Zone. Robotnik Ruins Zone. & a 3rd unnamed Crisis City like zone.
The Match stages are based off of the Single Player stages.
As for the storyline. Eggman's just trying to take over the world (again). & it's up to Sonic, Tails &/or Knuckles to stop him.

As for the storyline. Eggman's just trying to take over the world (again). & it's up to Sonic, Tails &/or Knuckles to stop him.

Does that even count as a story? ;)

Anyways, I'm actually interested in playing this when you finish it, it looks a little unusual but exciting!

Wow this looks wierd, itll be pretty interisting, but why do i think its almost empty?

The textures still look awful.

Have you considered making ones by scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back