SRB2GetWAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conicpp said:
wadget.png
I can't believe you actually did that...

Should I make it an option? That you have to pass the -megaman parameter?

Also, v2 has sticky parameters as I like to call them. What does that mean? Well, if SRB2 had them, you would only need to pass -opengl once, and every time you ran it it would be in opengl, because it would save the setting.

I just had an epic brain fart, what if... we made the reverse of this... and we could download a wad normally, and use the reverse version to add it to the repository for others?

I didn't see that, thanks Conicpp. I'll try to upload as many worthy WADs as I can.

I think a sticky parameter for the Megaman screen would probably make this more enjoyable for the users who despise Megaman.

Late news but

Conicpp said:
I can't set this up with the FFH. That's the exact thing file hosting sites do not want happening, a robot downloading files and eating bandwidth.

Why not just have the thing provide a link to the file? That way you can download it straight from the site manually.

I can't really do that either. Sorry. The FFH uses a very complicated internal naming thingy, which I can't interface with.

If i open srb2getwad, and I start srb2, and If I dont have some wads what the server needs, does the srbgetwad search those, then?

I could

I could add some fairly old and rare wads like Sknux and Stails, the only thing I would be afraid of is newbs geting ahold of them and then BAM! They are in every netgame.

is is possible that this could also search for md2's? it would make finding good download links easier, *cough - srb2ffh - cough* *shot, beaten, mauled, chainsawed, electrocuted*

Yeah, someone would have to upload the md2 in a zip. Then you'd have to search for something like play.wad to get the play.md2.

Hey guys look what I made. Is it possible to insert one of these to the screen Conic showed earilier? Hidden in spoilers due to seizure warning[spoiler:87eccfcbb5="Seizure-y version"]
megaman3arsenalxr0.gif
[/spoiler:87eccfcbb5][spoiler:87eccfcbb5="Safe version"]
megaman3arsenalslowes5.gif
[/spoiler:87eccfcbb5]

repos.txt

Why not make it so that people can add-in their own sites?
eg. It comes with a repos.txt with the default sites in it and you can simply open it in WordPad to add more.

MYWAD: supernitro[1].wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back