2.2 Slope Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, presumably the game would either overflow error or you'd max out at 2^16-1 or whatever the cap is. For those that don't know, Detons have a variable speed based on the max speed of whatever they're chasing. This would lead to a clear feedback loop if Eggman on foot was playable =P
Well, either that or the deton levels out far enough behind eggman that his speedup doesn't occur and they both just scoot forward really slowly. Otherwise overflow to negative numbers, yeah.

I've carved my own path

Well, either that or the deton levels out far enough behind eggman that his speedup doesn't occur and they both just scoot forward really slowly. Otherwise overflow to negative numbers, yeah.
someone please make this happen

Will slope-related information be available through Lua in 2.2? For example being able to get/set a sector's slope angle and steepness and flags, or getting(/setting) a mobj's floor slope angle/steepness? And for mobjs, would the floor slope information be available for "physic-less" slopes?

(Case in question being if I want to make my own physics and custom levels, and slopes would not push mobjs around or anything, but the steepness would decide how far the mobj would actually move, by doing clever movement based on the slopeness, a la Super Mario 64's "de-facto speed". Or perhaps something entirely different.)

That was gonna get into 2.1.15 alongside slopes, but then the implementation was providing garbage data a lot and had some crashes and netplay issues, so we put it on the backburner. Who knows when we're gonna find the time to clear it up? Probably not any time soon.

I will say that floor slopes ARE detectable in the source code with No Physics slopes, so it probably should be Lua accessible under that circumstance when we get around to making that happen.

Will there be a boss battle in Arid Canyon and Red Volcano? Speaking of those zones. Will there be a Red Volcano Act 2?

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Stupid question. When you start a new game could you make it so the intro could play? And when you go into a new zone a cutscene happens? Just wondering.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Last edited:
Will there be a boss battle in Arid Canyon and Red Volcano? Speaking of those zones. Will there be a Red Volcano Act 2?

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Stupid question. When you start a new game could you make it so the intro could play? And when you go into a new zone a cutscene happens? Just wondering.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

There originally were cutscenes but they were removed.

Last edited:
I look forward to this new sloped version of SRB2 more then I do Sonic Mania and Sonic Generations 2. I am curious if there will be a level 7 zone. I know it goes Red Volcano level 6 and Egg Rock level 8 with a level 7 missing.

I look forward to this new sloped version of SRB2 more then I do Sonic Mania and Sonic Generations 2. I am curious if there will be a level 7 zone. I know it goes Red Volcano level 6 and Egg Rock level 8 with a level 7 missing.

I'm pretty sure Grand Eggship wasn't canned yet, so Egg Rock is actually level 9.

There is no Sonic Generations 2.

On another note, waiting for this is more hype than waiting for the Nintendo Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back