Scrolling Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Pretty chill guy
I'm a bit stumped on how to do this. Can someone explain, or at least give me an example wad?

Scrolling texture linedefs are applied directly to the linedef that you want to scroll. This doesn't work at all with FOFs, to my knowledge.

Floor scrolling linedef executors use a control sector, IIRC. The linedef length and the facing direction controls the speed and direction of the flat.

Kuja said:
Floor scrolling linedef executors use a control sector, IIRC. The linedef length and the facing direction controls the speed and direction of the flat.

Yeah, they do. IYRC? You must not use them very often. >_< Also, you said, "linedef executors." >_<

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Kuja said:

Yeah, they do. IYRC? You must not use them very often. >_< Also, you said, "linedef executors." >_<

No, I donts. And bleh, I made a tyop, calling them the wrong thing. I know they aren't linedef executors.

Also, who do you think you're ಠ_ಠing at?

I kinda want this:
Example.png

Is it possible?

Oops, I guess my drawing wasn't clear:
ppl.png

Like a room with the ceiling scrolling one way, the floor the other, and the walls, well, you know.

Yes. Tag a Linedef Type 250 and a Linedef Type 251 to the same sector to have the ceiling and floor scroll different directions. Then put Linedef Type 255 directly on the walls.

Didn't work. The ceiling and the floor worked fine, but the walls didn't do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back