Megaman, the feature length MOVIE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroze

Official Site here
Official trailer here

Yes, this isn't a joke.
Apparently a talented independent filmmaker named Eddie Lebron set out this year to create a feature length movie based on Megaman and today they just released the first trailer.
Looks like someone is about to give Hollywood a run for its money!
Why can't other Hollywood made video game movies look this damn good?

They are keeping with the actual original story from the games, but instead of making it about Rock vs. Wily, it seems more about Light vs. Wily which I think is an excellent idea....
The level of quality and production seen in the trailer is amazing for someone with no budget. The CGI alone on Cutman is really damn good...
And yes, the movie does indeed have Protoman in it!
Apparently he plans on releasing it to the internet in a couple months for free and I can't wait...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Simsmagic said:
Sonic Shadow said:
Simsmagic said:
Why is Megaman Asian?

...Maybe because he was created in Japan, by a Japanese company and by an Japanese?
Yes, but in every game, he doesn't look Asian. Not even the 3-D ones.
I hate it when movie makers do this. Megaman looks like your generic white man in a blue battlesuit in EVERY game from Classics to X to Legends to BattleNet! And now all the youths who haven't seen the wonders of retro gaming are gonna be exposed to this bastardized image?

I swear, if the guy who makes the Metroid movie has even the tiniest idea what a good adaptation is, he'll cast a blue-eyed, blonde, white female as Samus, and make her Power Suit the right colors, AND follow the games IN ORDER starting with Zero Mission instead of the original. If not, I am swearing off theatrical adaptations of all other media and books for LIFE.

First theres the Super Mario Brothers Live Action Movie. I could tolerate it for a while since they only made a slight error in names. I welcome an alternate plotline in movies based on games and animated series. But then Eragon skipped over half the goddamn book and had an alteration to the ending that completely ***** any chance of the remainder of the Inheritance Cycle getting movie'd. Then there's the Dragon Ball movie, do I really need to elaborate on how this one pisses me off? It's just "The Matrix" with DragonBall names tacked on. Goku doubts his abilities, Roshi has HAIR, and Bulma is brunette with a streak of blue in it. Now we have this guy, who is jeopardizing the remainder of old-school Megaman games' fanbase by doing this to the beloved Blue Bomber.

Also, I've heard tell of a Starfox movie being made and
LUCASFILMS!!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Call me a raving fanboy if you must, I just want people to actually TRY to get the plots/characters right. All that remains is Zelda, Starfox, and Metroid before we have lost all hope. We can only wait and believe that someone will get a ******* clue before then.

Last edited:
Kroze said:
_Manic_ said:
Saw this like during.. February?

Uhh... the trailer was only just released today...

The trailer.. I saw one before on the same movie. It had the same exact things that are currently on the site.

EDIT: It was the interview video that I saw before.

Chaos Knux said:
Simsmagic said:
Sonic Shadow said:
Simsmagic said:
Why is Megaman Asian?

...Maybe because he was created in Japan, by a Japanese company and by an Japanese?
Yes, but in every game, he doesn't look Asian. Not even the 3-D ones.
I hate it when movie makers do this. Megaman looks like your generic white man in a blue battlesuit in EVERY game from Classics to X to Legends to BattleNet! And now all the youths who haven't seen the wonders of retro gaming are gonna be exposed to this bastardized image?

I swear, if the guy who makes the Metroid movie has even the tiniest idea what a good adaptation is, he'll cast a blue-eyed, blonde, white female as Samus, and make her Power Suit the right colors, AND follow the games IN ORDER starting with Zero Mission instead of the original. If not, I am swearing off theatrical adaptations of all other media and books for LIFE.

Wait, so someone just said that the reason he looks Japanese is because MM is a Japanese game.... and then you go spouting a bunch of racist junk about how that shouldn't matter?

Then there's the Dragon Ball movie, do I really need to elaborate on how this one pisses me off? It's just "The Matrix" with DragonBall names tacked on. Goku doubts his abilities, Roshi has HAIR, and Bulma is brunette with a streak of blue in it.

Dude, if you consider minor alterations to costumes a huge problem, maybe you need to rethink your strategy a little.

Now we have this guy, who is jeopardizing the remainder of old-school Megaman games' fanbase by doing this to the beloved Blue Bomber.

It's a fanfilm, you colossal nitwit.

Call me a raving fanboy if you must

Okay.

....The trailer used Music from Transformers. That girl's wig looks very fake. Mega Man is asian. Mega man looks more like a kid to me. I dunno, I haven't tried his games...

Thank you very much. The only thing is that the actor for Dr. Wily (if possible) needs that crazy evil scientist hair like from Mega Man 1-9.

i think he sutes the mad inventor image just fine, also Im getting the vibe that the movie is based before the games?

I'm completely unfamiliar with Megaman, but I think Dr. Wily and Dr. Light look cool at least. Roll looks a little bit too enthusiastic to the point of becoming a cheesy caricature, but I wonder that it may have actually been intentional.

Megaman always struck me as a game that had little-to-no storyline, so I don't think its very likely there will be much that alienates the original game in the movie other than perhaps the fact that it's there.

Looking forward to seeing what it turns into though... I really need to play Megaman one of these days (more than a few minutes of a flash emulation of MM2 that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back