Megaman, the feature length MOVIE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chisuun said:
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Chisuun said:
So, Kroze, I assume you're totally going to that screening in New York.
What? I thought this was going to be released on the internet? Now it's going to theatres or DVD?

Read the article.
Dang.... I'm definitely watching this film when it comes out. I wish I could go to the screening...

There is a real sonic the hedgehog movie and a half-life movie that is coming in a few months...But they may be canceled

sweet101 said:
There is a real sonic the hedgehog movie and a half-life movie that is coming in a few months...But they may be canceled
Ok, who the heck are you, ,why should I care, and where did you get your information (and trailer, if there is one)?

Not funny CK.He said a new Sonic movie coming out in a few months.

Not a dub/fan made/crap movie

Though,I want a source

>_<

I understand many people like the trailer, but for me I can't take it seriously at all. It reminds me of that Zelda movie joke IGN made.

It looks this movie will turn out better than the other live action movies that we got that were based off cartoons and games because the story is or SHOULD be simple... unless they decide to do what some else decided to do with the live- action Dragonball movie(take Krillin out of the the story,added in a new character,AND put Goku and some of the remaining characters in a high school).
And also
Mega.jpg
wonder what happened here?

Kroze said:
Official Site here
Official trailer here

Yes, this isn't a joke.
Apparently a talented independent filmmaker named Eddie Lebron set out this year to create a feature length movie based on Megaman and today they just released the first trailer.
Looks like someone is about to give Hollywood a run for its money!
Why can't other Hollywood made video game movies look this damn good?

They are keeping with the actual original story from the games, but instead of making it about Rock vs. Wily, it seems more about Light vs. Wily which I think is an excellent idea....
The level of quality and production seen in the trailer is amazing for someone with no budget. The CGI alone on Cutman is really damn good...
And yes, the movie does indeed have Protoman in it!
Apparently he plans on releasing it to the internet in a couple months for free and I can't wait...
JACKIE CHAN MAN FTW!!!!
Just kidding, that head looks like Jackie Chan though... Either way, it looks awesome, but I find it strange that Dr. Wily has a black moustache, and not white. Still looks awesome though...

Oh man.. I just found something incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sCyXAU6E0Q&feature=channel

I'm more impressed with the above test of Airman than the Movie's robots. Not to say the fanfilm won't be good, but still....

Anyways, what is the progress on this film anyways?

HOLY CRAP Greg! Thanks for posting this!
Hello!
One week ago, I traveled to MagFest 2010 to screen a rough cut of “Megaman”. What I Got was: amazing audience reaction, all around praise, and a very happy batch of viewers that believed the Blue Bomber has been done with great justice in this film. In short: the screening was a success! In addition, the film was screened a second time the following day so I was able to sneak in and see the audience reaction without them knowing I was present. I stuck in and out to hear what the fans were saying amongst themselves. No only were audience reactions even BETTER, but I heard solid chatter praising the film. So, with a film that seems to be in pretty great shape, what’s next?
Due to the success of the screening , little changes will be made to the film as is. The new ending that was screened tested very well and I’m extremely happy with the pacing so the current cut is pretty much what will be in final release (aside from some fine tuning here and there). That means the released film should having a final running time of about 107 minutes with credits!
The next big question is: when will it be released? The film shall be released online 2 weeks after the premiere. Well, when will the premiere be? I don’t want to say officially when it will but I do have a specific time frame in mind and it’s soon….very soon. Without giving too much, the film will be premiered before the summer. If any delays occur, you all will be the first to know but at this rate, we are in really good shape. Let’s say this: everyone who is working on post-production is aware of what is left and what their deadlines are and have agreed to said deadlines. If no delays occur and everything is smooth, you are looking at a Premiere/Release within the next 3-5 months (meaning the soonest possible CAN be 3 months from right now). I don’t want to say a specific release date at the risk of it backfiring in my face but we are close. Once the film is completed we will spend time promoting and marketing the film as much as humanly (and legally) possible. We will also push the premiere and make sure we get hardcore MM fans in those seats come premiere day! The official release date will be announcement via. a trailer within the coming weeks but the release date won’t be announced until we are days away from saying this thing is 110% done. Stay tuned!
Until the, I will keep everyone updated and will post all marketing goodies and info up until the release. If anyone has any question, feel free to ask in the forum!
Eddie

Dang, I almost forgot that this movie came out for public viewing recently. Well, now that it is currently out, I want to revive this thread. You can watch the film on this site here. http://www.megamanfilm.com/

I haven't watched it yet, but I am interested on how this turned out.

Well from the first 21 minutes of watching it, have to say despite being a LOW budget movie, I'm rather impressed on how well it's turning out. It's very witty and the actors for Wily and Light are in complete character that it makes them look like naturals (in my opinion of course, emphasis on that mortal...). The only thing that threw me off was how laughably ridiculous Fire Man, Ice Man, and Elec man looked in Paint Ball Armor. I mean No offense of course, low budget, just saying it was a throw off.

Still watching it of course. Not saying as a fellow Mega Man fan that this is the best movie ever, I'm just saying that this it rather good in it's own way, if not a bit boring in some areas...

Last edited:
I liked it overall. It sufficiently addressed the actual controversies about robots, plus it stuck to the actual plot of the game very closely. I was actually hoping the fights with the RMs would have more footage than they did (especially the Elec Man fight, since it was the one the trailers were showing more often than the others, but they were good overall. I was also disappointed that Enker didn't show up in the movie at all and that the final fight with Wily was portrayed to be a lot easier than what it really is in the games. But beyond that, I think it was great, and I hope Eddie Lebron does a sequel (he says on the site he has juggled the idea before).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back